Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 - SG Jonathan Powell to Xavier

On3 from Flyin' To The Hoop -

Centerville (OH) High junior Jonathan Powell is a noted scorer, so when he started off slow, you knew it was just a matter of time. However, down the stretch, when his team needed a bucket against nationally recognized Los Angeles (CA) So Cal Prep, Powell delivered.

He finished the game with a game-high 22 points. The 6-foot-5 2024 On3 Consensus four-star was 5-of-7 from the field in the second half and 3-of-5 from three. Powell has a quick trigger and understands moving off the ball to get open. This was a big game for him, in front of a sold-out crowd, with countless coaches in the stands

35 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Last evening at Flyin' To The Hoop in Dayton, Centerville trailed SoCal Academy 31- 27 after 3Qs but outscored them 21-9 in the 4th to get a 48-40 win.

Actually didn’t play particularly well and couldn’t make anything for the 1st 3 quarters. Then scored, I believe, 10 in the 4th, including a catch and shoot contested 3 over a 6’11”  kid that was just elite. 

Side not: The SoCal Academy HC is a punk. There may not have been a stretch of more than 3 possessions over 2 games where he wasn’t absolutely screaming at someone. Players, refs, the timekeeper at 1 point. After feeling like they got homered last night, I don’t disagree, he got in a refs face just blasting “F—- You!” over and over. His kids felt like they were being screwed and, instead of teaching them how to fight through it, he just fed into it. No way that guy would ever coach my kid. 

Wonder what impact Brey's announcement could have on his ND recruitment.  Gushes a little too much over Izzo for my taste.  Liked that distance could be an issue with Illinois.

https://www.on3.com/news/jonathan-powell-breaks-down-his-visits-ohio-state-indiana-cincinnati-illinois-notre-dame-michigan-state/

6 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Season ending 64-47 win over Springboro.   9p; 7r; 3a; 2s; 0b; 0t            4-16 FG; 0-8 on 3s; 1-1 FT.

For the regular season:  17.5p; 3.6r; 2.0a; 1.7s; .1b; .8t           50% FG; 40% on 3s; 67% FT

No idea if there’s a backup PG at the ready to step up once Gabe graduates, but even if there is I’m curious to see the playmaking from Powell as a senior. 2 assists/game in his role is nothing to sneeze at