Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 - SG Jonathan Powell to Xavier

And then went cold. I've been a big Gabe Cupps fan but his performance in this game was very underwhelming. Not sure why they didn't go to Powell more??

I’ve watched Cupps a fair amount and this is why I’ve been WAY reserved on my expectations of him. I think it’s a possible chance neither of our freshman croots contribute much at all next year, especially if we are playing high level ball.

A lot of people try to compare him to Smith. They aren’t really alike at all besides being smaller white guys. Smith has a level of tenacious hustle type style Cupps doesn’t play with. Cupps is clearly a cerebral player but I wonder how he’ll fair with the physicality, size, and speed of the B1G.

Great kid. Great teammate. Good vision. Patience will be necessary.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I’ve watched Cupps a fair amount and this is why I’ve been WAY reserved on my expectations of him. I think it’s a possible chance neither of our freshman croots contribute much at all next year, especially if we are playing high level ball.

A lot of people try to compare him to Smith. They aren’t really alike at all besides being smaller white guys. Smith has a level of tenacious hustle type style Cupps doesn’t play with. Cupps is clearly a cerebral player but I wonder how he’ll fair with the physicality, size, and speed of the B1G.

Great kid. Great teammate. Good vision. Patience will be necessary.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Love Cupps, but agree that if he is contributing meaningful minutes we most likely aren’t in the spot we want to be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he will do what the coaches want him to do. His basketball IQ will get him on the floor. I don't think he will be asked to be a focal point of the offense. But I believe he will be a high level facilitator and get the ball to the right people. He's a decent shooter and better athlete than meets the eye. Judging him on one game seems unfair when he has been a high level player his entire high school career. Not to mention he has been the biggest IU supporter and recruiter since he committed. Some of us are being pretty harsh on a kid who hasn't even suited up yet. I agree that we should temper the expectations for next year, but let's give the kid a chance to show what he can do. Personally, I am glad he is on our side.