Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 - SG Jonathan Powell to Xavier

Clarification on Jonathan Powell.  He has transferred to Centerville HS for next season and will be a teammate of Gabe Cupps.

@jonathanp0well1

Greater Catholic League Stats

Hudl

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/chaminade-julienne-sophomore-receives-scholarship-offer-from-dayton/GZD4525U7NAONLJOHAI5GHROIE/

https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/transfers-powell-oconnor-boost-centerville-basketball/OHN45WJ3DJDCHL343FESKK4H44/

Indiana: “They’ve got a great coaching staff.  They really show that they want you there and make you feel welcomed and loved like you are one of the guys there.”

10 hours ago, Demo said:

Sounds like IU and MSU might be his top teams

63-49 win over Beavercreek:  17p; 9r; 4a; 2s; 1b; 2t          8-17 FG; 3-7 on 3s; 4-6 FT

73-39 win over Northmont:  12p; 4r; 1a; 0s; 0b; 1t            5-10 FG; 1-2 on 3s; 3-5 FT

60-54 win over Pickerington Central:   9p; 2r; 1a; 5s; 0b; 0t       4-15 FG; 1-8 on 3s; 0-0 FT.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

True.

But to be fair, the Woodson commits have been excellent, and Powell is not an IU commit, just a prospect.

I know, I know. 

Jack not being recruited sucks (I've known him since he was 2)... and he obviously goes to the school where I'm from..

Lots of factors in these decisions. A lot is timing. We are still making up ground for the 2023+2024 classes, as well. 

I won't derail this thread though. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Meanwhile Jack Benter is going to go for 30 again tonight. 

You have to remember though, and not trying to take anything at all away from Jack, but Powell is playing with Cupps on a stacked Centerville team.  I am sure he could go play at an average school and put up much bigger numbers.  Its kind of like the Montverde kids, I bet JHS rarely scored 30, if every and seldom 20, but I bet you're pretty happy he's a hoosier.  Do I think Jack will be great, sure very possible, but you have to look at a kids situation too.

3 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

You have to remember though, and not trying to take anything at all away from Jack, but Powell is playing with Cupps on a stacked Centerville team.  I am sure he could go play at an average school and put up much bigger numbers.  Its kind of like the Montverde kids, I bet JHS rarely scored 30, if every and seldom 20, but I bet you're pretty happy he's a hoosier.  Do I think Jack will be great, sure very possible, but you have to look at a kids situation too.

In a very respectful way, I understand that.