Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - CG Dylan Harper to Rutgers

4 minutes ago, Tom White said:

Wait a minute. I thought he already announced he is coming to IU. Was I off in a dream or something?

Hey-mcfly GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Lol! I had to do it! Mbako is coming to IU. He was referring to Dyan Harper.......

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/ranking-the-contenders-five-star-guard-dylan-harper

Cassidy’s latest update on Harper. He seems fairly optimistic on IU’s chances. Imagine he’s probably right about Rutgers still being the favorite, though mentioning the Warren de-commitment seems like a stretch given that that they lost 3 kids in 10 days. Interesting, though, that he thinks it might wrap up pretty quickly. Have I forgotten about Harper saying that somewhere? 

12 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

The IU rivals guy says it's down to IU and Duke, per a source close to the situation. 

Here's hoping that's true. 

Interesting. There's other positive speculation with Harper and Rutgers with a future cast pick on rivals and some people on twitter. 

15 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

That's how I see it, with Rutgers in the lead.  

As long as they keep Ace Bailey, I think they'll land him. Not a big deal for IU if they can land Fland and/or some combination of Mustaf/Schwartz/Passmore/Perry.

24 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

As long as they keep Ace Bailey, I think they'll land him. Not a big deal for IU if they can land Fland and/or some combination of Mustaf/Schwartz/Passmore/Perry.

If Rutgers doesn't get Harper who says they can hold onto Ace Bailey? Recruiting is about momentum and if you don't capitalize when you can and if can disappear as quickly as it came. 

I can see IU having its best recruiting class ever by rankings in '24 as much as I can see them missing out on most. It's all about capitalizing on the momentum of the hype and winning an other variables so one needs to strike why the iron is hot and as IU fans we should no this because IU was right there with UNC, UCLA, Duke, KU and UK in the way.the national media sees IU. Hell Today they see MSU as the elite program of the BIG TEN.  They see MSU at the top but not in the same level as the blue blood programs.

I honestly think '24 could be the turning point for IU if they could land Dylan Harper.  As well all know IU is in the thick of it with several 5 star and/or close to 5 star talents who on there own could choose IU but getting Dylan Harper is going to.attract more and more elite of the elite talent.

13 hours ago, AKHoosier said:

The IU rivals guy says it's down to IU and Duke, per a source close to the situation. 

Here's hoping that's true. 

1 hour ago, Scotty R said:

The other day there was an article saying it was IU and Rutgers in the lead

The one constant being IU. Therefore, IU must be in the lead.

Or they're all just talking out of their a$$es and don't really know.

I think CMW has the attention of the top kids based on his resume and the nil available at IU. The combination may pay off. But, the highest bidder will usually have the advantage. Not what I grew up loving about college basketball or maybe I was just clueless.

I think CMW has the attention of the top kids based on his resume and the nil available at IU. The combination may pay off. But, the highest bidder will usually have the advantage. Not what I grew up loving about college basketball or maybe I was just clueless.

Clueless is harsh, but yeah, it’s been this way a long while…. I do know the amount of players expecting extra benefits has increased, but the list was always much bigger than anyone on this website ever wanted to admit.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Clueless is harsh, but yeah, it’s been this way a long while…. I do know the amount of players expecting extra benefits has increased, but the list was always much bigger than anyone on this website ever wanted to admit.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

At least with NIL  it looks like IU is willing to play the game, instead of getting left behind while everyone else does.

10 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

At least with NIL  it looks like IU is willing to play the game, instead of getting left behind while everyone else does.

Working at UNC and Duke for many years, I just kept shaking my head that IU wouldn’t do what everyone else was doing.  Granted it’s fine but at the same time you knew that we would never be able to put a bunch of teams that were capable of making a deep run. Now it’s a whole new ball game.