Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - CG Dylan Harper to Rutgers

2 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Not sure I’d count Woody out just yet

I heard a few months back that IU was in .such better shape than most realize. I think they have a chance and I think getting a player like Mgbako but IMO if IU is going get someone like Dylan Harper they are going to have to land multiple 5 Star talents. 

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/cassidy-s-takeaways-recruiting-whispers-from-dallas-1

Silly to read too much into it, but this certainly feels more positive for IU than his previous updates.
Still feels like Rutgers to me but yes it appears IU could be gaining some ground. Definitely didn't sound promising for KU there if you ask me.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

I’m assuming we have made up lots of ground now

I mean only one team did he talk about play style and the fact their coach put the ball in the players hands and told them to go...the other was just the customary, "Well they text me and see how I'm doing. They tell me what to work on."

20 minutes ago, Gnet550 said:

I mean only one team did he talk about play style and the fact their coach put the ball in the players hands and told them to go...the other was just the customary, "Well they text me and see how I'm doing. They tell me what to work on."

Rutgers has to like how he talked about Ace Bailey though.

34 minutes ago, IU-DL said:

Harper Jr just lit up Dakich on Twitter, and I love it. I'm so sick of DD and his antics. He's an absolute embarrassment to IU and any recruit or player associated with the program. 

What did Dakich say about Harper?

22 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

What did Dakich say about Harper?

This is Dakich's initial tweet. You'll have to follow quote tweets from there.

You know it's bad when the majority of IU fans in the replies to this whole thing are basically saying "go Ron go".

7 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

Despite the NIL struggles, rutger picked up a futurecast for Harper. It comes from a rutger writer, but he's managed to be correct ~85% of the time with his predictions.

I mean, The Harpers do seem to love Rutgers and be invested in their success.  I thought a few months ago, when they added Ace Bailey it was just a matter of time.  Recent developments, good for us, and not so good for them opened my opinion.  I think IF they keep Ace and create a roster he likes, he'll pick Rutgers.  

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Not gonna link it and give Dakich clicks. 

Summary:

• Harper Jr. tweeted that players are promised false NIL numbers but that in general NIL is still beneficial.
  • Dakich responds that Harper Jr. should "quit whining and get a job." (* note: Harper Jr. has a current job as an NBA rostered player for the Toronto Raptors)
  • Harper responds that Dakich is an @$$ on Twitter, but when he sees Harper in person it's all smiles and "How's dad?"
  • Dakich responds he hasn't seen Harper sr. in five years, 
  • Harper Jr. calls him a liar, followed by a back and forth about whether Dakich "mopped the floor" with Harper Sr. back in the day (*note: Dakich most certainly did no such thing)
  • etc. etc. etc.

Bottom line? Dakich is an absolute embarrassment ... as usual.

No shock to see that Dakich is doing his best to negatively impact Indiana recruiting.