Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - CG Dylan Harper to Rutgers

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Correct. Didn’t expect Fat Ron to pass along any well wishes. 

I know I’m an incurable optimist, but isn’t there a chance that Fat Ron relished and truly enjoyed the dust up with IU fans and might encourage us a place for his lil brother?

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I know I’m an incurable optimist, but isn’t there a chance that Fat Ron relished and truly enjoyed the fracas with IU fans and might encourage us a place for his lil brother?

Absolutely. He’s old school, and I secretly loved it. He was a killer. 

5 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Absolutely. He’s old school, and I secretly loved it. He was a killer. 

100%. There were so many that hated on here, and it was understandable. But give me the trash talk of Larry Bird and Reggie Miller. I hurt when it happened to us, but damn I do enjoy that side of ball. 

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Details behind the paywall but Raby reporting Harper plans an OV to Bloomington.

Dang - that's kinda huge!

Kids only get five official visits, and the commitment is almost always among those five schools.

Get enough top kids to visit and the odds become pretty good that we are going to snag one or two of them. So far, for 2024, we either have already gotten or are already on the schedule for an official from:

• #22 Liam McNeeley
  • #4 Flory Bidunga
  • #17 Derik Queen
  • #5 Dylan Harper
  • #6 Asa Newell
  • #51 Rakease Passmore
  • #76 Jaden Mustaf

That's a lotta sauce coming into Btown for games.

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Kids only get five official visits, and the commitment is almost always among those five schools.

Get enough top kids to visit and the odds become pretty good that we are going to snag one or two of them. So far, for 2024, we either have already gotten or are already on the schedule for an official from:

• #22 Liam McNeeley
  • #4 Flory Bidunga
  • #17 Derik Queen
  • #5 Dylan Harper
  • #6 Asa Newell
  • #51 Rakease Passmore
  • #76 Jaden Mustaf

That's why this season is so important going forward.

Woody can really get it rolling with a successful season on the court that he can pitch to these kids. And if TJD and/or JHS are in the NBA next season we will be getting more than just official visits from these players.

3 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

That's why this season is so important going forward.

Woody can really get it rolling with a successful season on the court that he can pitch to these kids. And if TJD and/or JHS are in the NBA next season we will be getting more than just official visits from these players.

Not sure we stand a chance with Harper but so glad we're getting him on campus. As you said win, and then just get one of these guys to come on board. We're close to really getting this going the right way.

6 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

• #22 Liam McNeeley
  • #4 Flory Bidunga
  • #17 Derik Queen
  • #5 Dylan Harper
  • #6 Asa Newell
  • #51 Rakease Passmore
  • #76 Jaden Mustaf

It is really good to get them on campus. As a junior, he'll have 5 OVs this year and another 5 beginning in the middle of next summer for his senior year. Be interesting if we're still in the mix come next summer. 

Woody and Ron both being NBA old heads and playing against each other/Woody coaching against Ron for over a decade makes me feel really good about the relationship part here. Woody is already a great relationship guy, but we have extra steam on this one. 

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Woody and Ron both being NBA old heads and playing against each other/Woody coaching against Ron for over a decade makes me feel really good about the relationship part here. Woody is already a great relationship guy, but we have extra steam on this one. 

Got to impress the mom on this one