Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

Bloomington Hotels

I’m planning a trip for this fall, likely the Maryland game on Oct 15th. This may be homecoming, but I haven’t seen anything officially announced yet. Am I losing my mind or are hotel prices in Bloomington insane right now? $700+ a night are the rates I’m seeing that weekend.

3 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I’m planning a trip for this fall, likely the Maryland game on Oct 15th. This may be homecoming, but I haven’t seen anything officially announced yet. Am I losing my mind or are hotel prices in Bloomington insane right now? $700+ a night are the rates I’m seeing that weekend.

Look into getting an airBNB. I never stay at hotels anymore. 

9 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Have you tried the Indiana Memorial Union? Sometimes they don't jack prices up. 

The chain hotels out by the football stadium on the extension are significantly cheaper. In the $100-$200 range. If you wanna stay near Kirkwood it can go up from there. The Graduate is really really nice and the best location imaginable, and the downtown Hyatt is beautiful too. Also pricey but smaller scale and beautiful is the Walnut St Inn.

Another idea? Before you pay $700 a night, thinking that Chris007 would let you stay on his sofa bed for $350 and would pop some brewskis on the patio as part of the deal.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Not sure where you're coming from, but Columbus is probably the play here. Bloomington hotels on any football weekend - and especially a likely homecoming weekend - are a non-starter.

Or Bedford. Bedford chain motels are almost always cheap enough.

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Not sure where you're coming from, but Columbus is probably the play here. Bloomington hotels on any football weekend - and especially a likely homecoming weekend - are a non-starter.

No way I'd stay that far away. I live in Columbus and that drive on game day can suck, anyways. This is obviously just my opinion. 

I definitely wouldn't recommend doing this on an OSU weekend. It was nuts getting home last year. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Or Bedford. Bedford chain motels are almost always cheap enough.

I thought of Bedford as more of a motel town than a hotel town, but it looks like there are actually some decent options there.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

The chain hotels out by the football stadium on the extension are significantly cheaper. In the $100-$200 range. If you wanna stay near Kirkwood it can go up from there. The Graduate is really really nice and the best location imaginable, and the downtown Hyatt is beautiful too. Also pricey but smaller scale and beautiful is the Walnut St Inn.

Another idea? Before you pay $700 a night, thinking that Chris007 would let you stay on his sofa bed for $350 and would pop some brewskis on the patio as part of the deal.

We have a spare bedroom in the basement. We're in the Ellettsville area but still Monroe Co. I could do it for half of $700 and provide beers

1 minute ago, southsidehoosier said:

My buddy swears the best steak he had ever came from GC in Bedford. I think he’s a moron…

He is, but it's still a good restaurant lol 

once a year or so when I am over there haha

21 minutes ago, southsidehoosier said:

You could try the Inn at McCormicks Creek State park. I think that’s like 15-20 minutes from the stadium

That is a GREAT idea. That place is older (worn carpet and furniture, but clean), very reasonable, and it books up early. And the location is incredible. Truly incredible. There's a rotating waiting list that you can get through if you're persistent.  

And as a bonus, it's close enough to Ellettsville to still have beers with Chris007!

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

That is a GREAT idea. That place is older (worn carpet and furniture, but clean), very reasonable, and it books up early. And the location is incredible. Truly incredible. There's a rotating waiting list that you can get through if you're persistent.  

And as a bonus, it's close enough to Ellettsville to still have beers with Chris007!

You can also try the Abe Martin Lodge in Brown County or another hotel in Nashville by the same token.

Football weekends are going to be pricey.  But look around, sometimes you can find "less pricey."  Have had good luck at Hampton and Holiday Inn.  Sometimes, Hilton Garden Inn.  You could also try out by 37/69 -- Holiday Inn express and Fairfield Inn, I think.  Good luck.