Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

8 minutes ago, ray said:

Another article with a response that excites me. This kid seems to understand the bigger picture and welcomes the competition. And he’s used to it, and he wants to use it to his advantage. 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/it-was-an-instant-bond-malik-reneau-ended-his-recruitment-after-weekend-at-iu/

The talent extends beyond the freshman class, of course.  Assuming no additional transfers out, the frontcourt IU will have Race Thompson, Jordan Geronimo, Miller Kopp, Logan Duncomb, Banks, Reneau and perhaps even Trayce Jackson-Davis if he decides to take his name out of the NBA Draft.

That’s a crowded, deep frontcourt that Reneau views as an opportunity.  And it’s something he is familiar with.  Players attend prep schools like Montverde anticipating competition.  Reneau isn’t shying away from that, nor is he conceding anything when it comes to playing time.

“It’s definitely a developmental opportunity, but I’m in there, and I’m trying to play too, so it’s going to be competitive in the practices and stuff, and it’s just going to be good for everyone in the front court,” Reneau said.  “That’s how you get better, and that’s how you win championships.”

He  comes off as a great pickup not only for his skill/talent but because of his attitude. He seems like a very important piece for improving the culture.

I’m not sure if these were already posted. If so, then sorry…but maybe you’ll want to watch them again. 

This is a nice video that shows a well-rounded game…footwork around the basket, hook and post moves, passing to the outlet in fast-breaks/receiving outlet passes, passing out from the post and around the perimeter, ball-handling, defensive positioning, finishing through contact, relentless pursuit of the ball, etc. 

https://youtu.be/zkBlV3g0vXk

These show a whole lot more of his athleticism, handling, and timing than the other video.

https://youtu.be/x2HjYhUqx18

https://youtu.be/F6sInx3Um2o

21 minutes ago, Demo said:

My back’s a mess today, so just stayed home and watched all the Reneau games I could find. Gonna make this prediction right now: There will be multiple times in his IU career where Reneau is going against bigger, higher profile players and the announcers will comment on how that kid is just having a bad night because they will not see what Reneau is doing to him. He is brutal to play against. He’s relentlessly physical. Not in a B1G WWE way, he just doesn’t allow them room to play. Watched him play against Vincent Iwuchukwu, who’s a 7’1” shot blocker, and Reneau just worked him. He’d catch on the block, Iwuchukwu would do what he’s supposed to do, drop a foot back and arm bar him to give himself room to react, and Reneau was having none of it. He just stayed glued into Iwuchukwu’s body and used his excellent footwork to find angles of attack. By the middle of the 2nd qtr he had noticeably frustrated the kid. Did the same thing to Tarris Reed in the GEICO final. Reed ended up with something like 3 rebounds in the game because Reneau stayed attached to him and his reactions were just better and faster. He’s also a really good passer. Montverde ran a set with Reneau at the elbow and one of the guards will come for a handoff. Reneau had the option of handing off or pivoting and looking for a back cut from the weak side. Saw him deliver the pass perfectly multiple times, and not always the same way. Threw it as a bounce past, threw it over the top for a dunk. Just really impressive. His Asst Coach described him as “contentious.”  Perfect description. Woodson’s gonna love him. 

Woodson’s gonna love him?
I’M gonna love him!

14 hours ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

He may not have a TJD type athleticism but man is he loooooonnnng. Coordination is excellent. Footwork is excellent. Has good handles for a big and a nice motor. Gonna love watching this kid play. 

I guarantee he adds about 5 inches to his vertical or at least they'll claim it. 

On 4/19/2022 at 5:24 PM, Demo said:

My back’s a mess today, so just stayed home and watched all the Reneau games I could find. Gonna make this prediction right now: There will be multiple times in his IU career where Reneau is going against bigger, higher profile players and the announcers will comment on how that kid is just having a bad night because they will not see what Reneau is doing to him. He is brutal to play against. He’s relentlessly physical. Not in a B1G WWE way, he just doesn’t allow them room to play. Watched him play against Vincent Iwuchukwu, who’s a 7’1” shot blocker, and Reneau just worked him. He’d catch on the block, Iwuchukwu would do what he’s supposed to do, drop a foot back and arm bar him to give himself room to react, and Reneau was having none of it. He just stayed glued into Iwuchukwu’s body and used his excellent footwork to find angles of attack. By the middle of the 2nd qtr he had noticeably frustrated the kid. Did the same thing to Tarris Reed in the GEICO final. Reed ended up with something like 3 rebounds in the game because Reneau stayed attached to him and his reactions were just better and faster. He’s also a really good passer. Montverde ran a set with Reneau at the elbow and one of the guards will come for a handoff. Reneau had the option of handing off or pivoting and looking for a back cut from the weak side. Saw him deliver the pass perfectly multiple times, and not always the same way. Threw it as a bounce past, threw it over the top for a dunk. Just really impressive. His Asst Coach described him as “contentious.”  Perfect description. Woodson’s gonna love him. 

Yeah yeah but can you pronounce Iwuchuckwu

:)

6 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I guarantee he adds about 5 inches to his vertical or at least they'll claim it. 

And in his little commit video he did a two hand reverse dunk which he took the ball down close to his knees. I think he’s more athletic than he gets credit for. He just doesn’t rely on it like so many young kids. He understand the game which is huge.