Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

2 hours ago, WRSMick55 said:

Surprised IU has never come out with candy stripe shorts. Might look cool with cream jerseys.

There a quite a few variations I can think of that would be worth exploring. I would love for the program to step outside of its norm and really try to appeal to the younger generation. Just seen a photo of Reneau and JHS standing with Mike Woodson and both players were dressed in Nike from head to toe. I agree with those that say it doesn’t hurt as much as we think but it would help in my mind (switching to Nike). 

25 minutes ago, AZ Hoosier said:

No one is... but what has Woody done so far? Let's just wait and see... all I'm saying...

I agree with you but to me this isn't the right argument. The right argument is that there is really no reason to offer him an extension. He's at his alma mater, in his 60s and very unlikely to move on. Feel free to tack a year or two onto the back-end as we go, but there is no reason to sign him to a long extension.

1 hour ago, HinnyHoosier said:

Not to speak for Josh, but I’m fairly certain the whole Woody/extension/massive buyout comment was made in jest.

Back to Malik - I can’t wait for these kids to get to campus and start the work!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Unequivocally.  I thought that was pretty obvious.  Sorry to confuse you AZ, I was a little giddy in the moment

There a quite a few variations I can think of that would be worth exploring. I would love for the program to step outside of its norm and really try to appeal to the younger generation. Just seen a photo of Reneau and JHS standing with Mike Woodson and both players were dressed in Nike from head to toe. I agree with those that say it doesn’t hurt as much as we think but it would help in my mind (switching to Nike). 

Oh it definitely does hurt. I know a few 25’ kids it would definitely help a ton get to Bloomington if we were a Nike school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Dillion said:

Oh it definitely does hurt. I know a few 25’ kids it would definitely help a ton get to Bloomington if we were a Nike school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And KJ Evans has already made clear that Nike is a factor in his recruitment,

12 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Yeah... no thanks... that's how we got saddled with Clappy for so long...

I'm still salty he took out our best two players in the biggest game of the year when we were up 6 with 13 left in the first half. Unbelievable. They came back in of course, but that kicked off the 39-6 run or whatever it was run. 

Woodson is looking good so far though, need to see results in March before we start talking extensions imo.