Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Malik's stats for last summer's Peach Jam and for his 20-21 high school year.  And as a reminder, he and Jalen probably averaged no more than 15-18 min/game in their junior year at Montverde and were typically the first 2 off the bench.

FWIW, his AAU team (Nightrydas Elite) played a total of 29 games and went 19-10.  But as you posted, I could only find stats for 6 games as well.  

I don't know if you posted it, but I was able to find his Montverde statistics for this past season (as well as JHS's stats).  As you've already mentioned, with the amount of talent the scoring gets split.  Stats below are for the games posted, so a little more than half of what they played:

Reneau:  17 games, 11.9 points/game, 69/120 from the field (58%), 1/5 from three (20%), 11/21 free throws (52%), 6.6 rebounds/game.

JHS:  18 games, 11.7 points/game, 53/127 from the field (42%), 13/47 from three (28%), 26/34 free throws (74%), 4.9 rebounds/game, 5.9 assists/game.

35 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Didn’t remember this. But based on the fact that Romeo is wearing it this means it was a loss during the epic string of losses I’ve blocked from memory. We must redeem these unis. They’re easily worth a 1.5 points on the spread out of the gate.

Believe we won in those, actually!

2 minutes ago, lillurk said:

Believe we won in those, actually!

Nope. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/playbyplay/_/gameId/401082384

That season was full of ridiculous "you couldn't have scripted this" moments, but this one was right up there for the worst. We had a 3 point lead, crowd going nuts, D was locked in, looked like we were about to force a shot clock violation. Instead, CJ Jackson hoisted one from 30 feet and banked it in. We called timeout, then turned it over. OSU called timeout and got a dunk. All while Archie Miller stood there with the usual constipated look on his face. 

4 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

I know Duncomb didn't play much last  year, but was 67 in his class...still a lot of time to develop. 

But agree...hard to not be hopeful about that list, with some other pieces to be added. 

that kid has a clean jumper too, i think when he gets some mass he could stretch the D a bit as well. He's a sleeper for sure. Duncomb is going to be one of those guys at IU that everyone is going to love in the future. 

14 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Nope. https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/playbyplay/_/gameId/401082384

That season was full of ridiculous "you couldn't have scripted this" moments, but this one was right up there for the worst. We had a 3 point lead, crowd going nuts, D was locked in, looked like we were about to force a shot clock violation. Instead, CJ Jackson hoisted one from 30 feet and banked it in. We called timeout, then turned it over. OSU called timeout and got a dunk. All while Archie Miller stood there with the usual constipated look on his face. 

If I remember correctly, that was the game where Justin Smith totally got beat for the bucket that won the game for Ohio State.

2 hours ago, HoosierTrav said:

Man….. how awesome would Romeo have been in Woody’s offense?!?!

Surprised IU has never come out with candy stripe shorts. Might look cool with cream jerseys.

1 hour ago, Hoosier Roots said:

I know one of the biggest knocks on Woodson last year was his tendency to do a whole platoon swap and bench all of our starters during the game. 

I doubt that disappears, however we might be heading toward the point where we have enough depth and talent on the team to actually make that work with additions like Malik. 

God I hope the mass sub thing is history! Need to be more strategic in the substituting pattern. And it seemed during our “run” end of year he went away from.

8 minutes ago, hoosierbannerd said:

Still gotta get thru Season 5 of Saul and hate the fact that 6 is all there will be.

Yep. At least we get 13 episodes.  Can’t ruin anything about S5 for you but there’s a character big in that season that I think they could do a series about.  Gus is another obvious spin off option. And then Hamlin depending what happens in S6 I think could really anchor a series. 

But I digress because Malik is awesome and this topic should be about him. 

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

The funny thing about Bedrak Cafe is the owner used to own the Mexican restaurant by the mall with her parents. Where 5 guys is now I believe. Super nice people but the daughter wanted to open a different type of place for breakfast and lunch. So she came up with Bedrak Cafe. I've been there twice on Sunday mornings. Once Kenya was eating by himself, the second time he and Ya were there. Everyone should give them a try. Not sure they know much about IU basketball but really good people

I use them for breakfast meeting catering- great stuff!!

4 hours ago, Hoosier2016 said:

So starting 5 with TJD

X

JHS

Kopp

TJD

Race

Geronimo, Reaneau, Bates off the bench....That's something I could get on board with...If Geronimo can develop and play the 3..

100%. This is my starting 5.

Kopp is starting and he might not play as many minutes as last year but he will still get a lot of minutes.  Jordan is not a 3 and he is not a starter on this team.  JHS is starting.  I will admit I haven’t seen him play so just what I have picked up on here but he seems like a leader and is definitely a winner.  We have needed both for quite some time.

I love our bench.  Galloway, Geronimo, Bates, Reaneau, and Leal.  I think Leal will get sporadic minutes here and there.  He is a hard worker and does all the right things. He’s probably on the court working on his game as I’m typing this.

33 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Yep. At least we get 13 episodes.  Can’t ruin anything about S5 for you but there’s a character big in that season that I think they could do a series about.  Gus is another obvious spin off option. And then Hamlin depending what happens in S6 I think could really anchor a series. 

But I digress because Malik is awesome and this topic should be about him. 

Not to derail, but Aaron Paul is said to be interested in a Jesse spin off as well. Think a post BB one would work,

25 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

I like that Hood-Schifino and Reneau's commitments have been a bit more under the radar and haven't come with all the fanfare we witnessed with players like Cody Zeller or Romeo Langford. 

These two Montverde kids have been all about team and winning and less about the show which I love. Will be even better when they get here and deliver on that same level at IU

on another note, JG is absolutely a 3 and the best option we have there. I’m watching OG play the 3 for the Raptors right now and JG can be that for IU

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

These two Montverde kids have been all about team and winning and less about the show which I love. Will be even better when they get here and deliver on that same level at IU

on another note, JG is absolutely a 3 and the best option we have there. I’m watching OG play the 3 for the Raptors right now and JG can be that for IU

If Jordan Geronimo’s wants to play in the NBA he is going to need to pick up some wing skills. If he does, he could be OG Anunoby. Rim protection +3 skills is a great combination for a future in the league 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

If Jordan Geronimo’s wants to play in the NBA he is going to need to pick up some wing skills. If he does, he could be OG Anunoby. Rim protection +3 skills is a great combination for a future in the league 

Absolutely but OG didn’t have that in college either, he was just a freak athlete. He has improved a ton since he got to the NBA. JG brings so much to the team on both sides and with two point guards out there he isn’t going to be asked to handle the ball a ton