Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

I was in a meeting when news broke and I wanted to first pump in the air lol. Awesome job by the staff to land Malik. I said earlier the thing that I like the most is he and Jalen are not one and dones. These are probably 3 year players. The fact that they are winners is something else that stands out. Plus the Big Ten has lacked talent as far as recruiting goes. Would not surprise me to see these two as the B1G tens best players in the next few years. A great day for this program!

5 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I was in a meeting when news broke and I wanted to first pump in the air lol. Awesome job by the staff to land Malik. I said earlier the thing that I like the most is he and Jalen are not one and dones. These are probably 3 year players. The fact that they are winners is something else that stands out. Plus the Big Ten has lacked talent as far as recruiting goes. Would not surprise me to see these two as the B1G tens best players in the next few years. A great day for this program!

The second that JHS proves he can hit an outside shot consistently, he’s gone. Hopefully that’s sooner rather than later. If Woody does a good job developing these kids, it’s going to open the door even more to these programs.

I know one of the biggest knocks on Woodson last year was his tendency to do a whole platoon swap and bench all of our starters during the game. 

I doubt that disappears, however we might be heading toward the point where we have enough depth and talent on the team to actually make that work with additions like Malik. 

3 minutes ago, Hoosier Roots said:

I know one of the biggest knocks on Woodson last year was his tendency to do a whole platoon swap and bench all of our starters during the game. 

I doubt that disappears, however we might be heading toward the point where we have enough depth and talent on the team to actually make that work with additions like Malik. 

Yeah I mean at this point we will have 3 of Bates, Galloway, Geronimo, Malik and Race coming off the bench so the bench mob should be better rounded. This assumes Trayce comes back.  If not we will still have 2 of those guys off the bench. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier Roots said:

You bring up something I was about to ask. Do we think Woodson continues this? I'm big on following trends. A lot of the teams in the NCAA tournament went 7-8 players deep. Right now I think our top 7-8 in order are: Trayce, X, Race, JHS, Malik, Geronimo, Tamar, Galloway. If McNeil or Dennis commit they are in the mix and Galloway drops out. 

I think early in the year you play a lot of your guys. But come March the rotation needs to be 7-8 guys. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

You bring up something I was about to ask. Do we think Woodson continues this? I'm big on following trends. A lot of the teams in the NCAA tournament went 7-8 players deep. Right now I think our top 7-8 in order are: Trayce, X, Race, JHS, Malik, Geronimo, Tamar, Galloway. If McNeil or Dennis commit they are in the mix and Galloway drops out. 

I think early in the year you play a lot of your guys. But come March the rotation needs to be 7-8 guys. 

Our rotation was much tighter in March. 

We probably were able, in part, to get extended, effective minutes out of our key guys in March because Woody used the bench a bunch before then.

That's an NBA thing, ya know. Our coach is versed in the best practices from the best in the world.

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

usa_today_12139473.0.jpg

We have and they. were. awesome.

Didn’t remember this. But based on the fact that Romeo is wearing it this means it was a loss during the epic string of losses I’ve blocked from memory. We must redeem these unis. They’re easily worth a 1.5 points on the spread out of the gate.

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

The funny thing about Bedrak Cafe is the owner used to own the Mexican restaurant by the mall with her parents. Where 5 guys is now I believe. Super nice people but the daughter wanted to open a different type of place for breakfast and lunch. So she came up with Bedrak Cafe. I've been there twice on Sunday mornings. Once Kenya was eating by himself, the second time he and Ya were there. Everyone should give them a try. Not sure they know much about IU basketball but really good people

Incredible. All I know is they will be much more popular now. 

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

Romeo was quietly kinda awesome in general. He would've been awesomer if he was healthy. And he would've been awesomest with Woody...or almost anyone but Archie lol.

Man this really bothers me. Romeo was incredible but is undercut because of the team and coach he played for. One of, if not the (besides EJ) best freshman, to ever play at IU. But nobody wants to acknowledge because we underachieved that year. 

Just now, VO5 said:

Man this really bothers me. Romeo was incredible but is undercut because of the team and coach he played for. One of, if not the (besides EJ) best freshman, to ever play at IU. But nobody wants to acknowledge because we underachieved that year. 

He was extremely good but I didn’t think he was a one and done kind of guy. If I remember right that was a down class in general. Most years he would’ve been ranked 11 through 20.