Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I will bet my last functioning brain cell that Miller Kopp will not be starting, nor will he be playing more than 15 minutes per game.

And I really like Miller Kopp.

For the 2 and 3 spots, there will be a competition between  Jordan G, Tamar, JHS, and Trey. May the best two win.

I would like to think so! He didn't deserve it this year. 

Edited by Hoosier2016

12 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I will bet my last functioning brain cell that Miller Kopp will not be starting, nor will he be playing more than 15 minutes per game.

And I really like Miller Kopp.

For the 2 and 3 spots, there will be a competition between  Jordan G, Tamar, JHS, and Trey. May the best two win.

Miller Kopp coming off the bench to spot up is a great option. His playing time this year should also help his defense to stay in the game when he gets hot.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

A 21 win season in his first year at his beloved Indiana University massively pissed off Mike Woodson. And he's not going to stand for it.

I hate to go on a tangent, but here it is- I think this might be Woodson/IU's secret weapon. All the coaches since Bobby 'wanted to win', but I'm not convinced any of them HATED TO LOSE. CMW obviously has a lot of BB knowledge and has exhibited some excellent people skills over the last year. If he can get talented players then instill them with (old school term alert) mental toughness- an absolute refuse to lose- attitude? IU will very quickly resume the title of "blue blood" and relegate the mediocrity of the 21st century to the crapper where it belongs. 

Back to regularly scheduled programming: YAY RENEAU COMMITTED!! 

I swore I’d dial back paying too much attention to recruiting after we lost Clowney even though he reportedly enjoyed, when he went to Bloomington, the best visit in the history of recruiting.
 But…..here I am back to taking a peek for news of of Malik’s visit every few hours. LOL
Funny thing came on here to say "Clowney who?" and read comments. I haven't been this excited about IU BBALL since before Syracuse 2013 game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

I hate to go on a tangent, but here it is- I think this might be Woodson/IU's secret weapon. All the coaches since Bobby 'wanted to win', but I'm not convinced any of them HATED TO LOSE. CMW obviously has a lot of BB knowledge and has exhibited some excellent people skills over the last year. If he can get talented players then instill them with (old school term alert) mental toughness- an absolute refuse to lose- attitude? IU will very quickly resume the title of "blue blood" and relegate the mediocrity of the 21st century to the crapper where it belongs. 

Back to regularly scheduled programming: YAY RENEAU COMMITTED!! 

Good post, thanks.  

One point that is still crystal clear, setting the Waybac Machine to 1977:  that national championship team that went undefeated...refused to lose.  They did everything they could to win and help their teammates excel.

10 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Miller Kopp coming off the bench to spot up is a great option. His playing time this year should also help his defense to stay in the game when he gets hot.

Maybe...but with JG being groomed to take over the #3 spot with ball-handling drills this summer, Kopp might just decide not to come back.

27 minutes ago, Hoosier2016 said:

So starting 5 with TJD

X

JHS

Kopp

TJD

Race

Geronimo, Reaneau, Bates off the bench....That's something I could get on board with...If Geronimo can develop and play the 3..

Are you forgetting Galloway or don't think he'll play?

1 minute ago, HoosierX said:

Are you forgetting Galloway or don't think he'll play?

I am over filled with excitement and completely forgot him. Yes he will either be starting or coming off the bench and getting significant minutes. This team is stacked with talent...

3 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Do it Trayce, leave the draft, I dare you

A double-dog-dare. What else was there but a "triple dare you"? And then, the coup de grace of all dares, the sinister triple-dog-dare. In saying that, I shall create a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the triple dare and going right for the throat! I triple-dog-dare you Trayce!

This doesn’t directly answer your question but in regards to very good classes the 1989 group was unreal with IU landing 6 of the top 50 players in the country.

1989: Calbert Cheaney, Lawrence Funderburke, Pat Graham, Greg Graham, Chris Reynolds, Chris Lawson, Todd Leary

What a group this was. Easily the No. 1 recruiting class in the country. National recruiting analyst Bob Gibbons had all but Leary in his Top 50. So six top 50 players were signed in November by Bob Knight.

Which was great to be on campus from 90 to 94, gosh miss those teams and days.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app