Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Cupp.

JHS.

Bates.

Newton.

Banks.

Reneau.

Gunn

That future looks bright

I know Duncomb didn't play much last  year, but was 67 in his class...still a lot of time to develop. 

But agree...hard to not be hopeful about that list, with some other pieces to be added. 

From ESPN:

Five-star forward Malik Reneau commits to play basketball at Indiana

1:46 PM ET
  • borzello_jeff.png&h=80&w=80&scale=crop
    Jeff BorzelloESPN Staff Writer

Five-star recruit Malik Reneau announced his commitment to Indiana on Monday, giving men's basketball coach Mike Woodson his second top-25 prospect in the 2022 class.

Reneau announced his decision via social media.

He decommitted from Florida last month following the coaching change in Gainesville: Mike White left for Georgia, while the Gators hired San Francisco's Todd Golden as his replacement.

Reneau, a 6-foot-8 forward from Montverde Academy (Florida), is ranked No. 21 in the ESPN 100 for 2022 and is the No. 5 center in the class. He boosted his stock considerably last summer playing for the Nightrydas Elite grassroots program on the Nike EYBL circuit, averaging 17.2 points, 8.5 rebounds and 2.4 assists in 12 games. He shot 61.8% from inside the arc.

During the high school season, Reneau put up 10.9 points and 6.9 rebounds in 10 games at the NIBC Invitational.

Kinda makes the Dexter Dennis visit somewhat awkward. (I think he's supposed to be in today and tomorrow).

"Glad to see you. Here's our lovely campus. Here are our facilities. Here's some of the fellas. ... Um ... unfortunately, we no longer have a scholarship to offer you." 

That is unless, of course, they expect TJD to leave. 

11 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

According to 247sports, I believe this is the first time ever we've gotten 2 5stars in one class. 

Patterson/Reed in 94. Bracey Wright & Marshall Strickland also maybe

1 minute ago, LamarCheeks said:

Kinda makes the Dexter Dennis visit somewhat awkward. (I think he's supposed to be in today and tomorrow).

"Glad to see you. Here's our lovely campus. Here are our facilities. Here's some of the fellas. ... Um ... unfortunately, we no longer have a scholarship to offer you." 

if Dennis commits, I think someone is out the door assuming TJD returns.  Who that might be I have no idea.  

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Kinda makes the Dexter Dennis visit somewhat awkward. 

I'm certain this was contemplated.

1. There will be a spot that will be open for Dennis if he chooses IU.
  2. There will (of course) be a spot open for Trayce if he chooses to stay.

Does this give us 13 scholarship players...if so, no one has to leave even if TJD comes back, right?

Aren't we in communication with the shooter from West Virginia also? If either him or Dennis commit, and TJD doesn't come back, someone would still have to leave. If Dennis commits' and TJD comes back we need two to go?