Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

15 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I’ve been following IU recruiting really since the Crean years (only because it was the only thing to be excited about). Has IU ever had two 5 stars in a class? I know 2012 and 2013 were close but I think they had a 5 and a high 4 star. 

This doesn’t directly answer your question but in regards to very good classes the 1989 group was unreal with IU landing 6 of the top 50 players in the country.

1989: Calbert Cheaney, Lawrence Funderburke, Pat Graham, Greg Graham, Chris Reynolds, Chris Lawson, Todd Leary

What a group this was. Easily the No. 1 recruiting class in the country. National recruiting analyst Bob Gibbons had all but Leary in his Top 50. So six top 50 players were signed in November by Bob Knight.

12 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

If TJD returns I could see Malik being 4 years.  If TJD doesnt return, I'd lean 3 years for Malik.  You have Malik and Race at the 5.  IMO Malik > Logan

So you think his development will slow going against TJD every day in practice? Or is it lack of exposure? I'm not really sure how lack of exposure in his first year would affect him in his sophomore or junior campaigns.

2 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Fingers crossed. Helps us not backslide if we do lose TJD and helps us really make a push forward if we can keep TJD

I’m to the point where 10000% yes I want TJD one more year and for Malik to come off the bench. But, I don’t see why Malik couldn’t start if he has to and put up 10 points and 5 rebounds as a freshman. I just have it in my head that 5 stars should be able to play significant minutes as a freshman

5 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

So you think his development will slow going against TJD every day in practice? Or is it lack of exposure? I'm not really sure how lack of exposure in his first year would affect him in his sophomore or junior campaigns.

not necessarily slow him down per say, I think it'll def benefit him no doubt.  I'd lean 3 years if he is truly as good as advertised coming in as a Freshman.  Remember, when TJD came on board alot(myself including) thought he was a two year guy and it appears likely he'll return for one more year(my thinking no outside input).  If he's truly fixated on being a top 33-35 guy in the draft, he's likely closer to the 40s.

Look at Logan D for example, he's a major unknown going into this year and he went against Race/ TJD everyday in practice.  I know Logan was further down the rankings the Malik is but still.