Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

A little context about the crystal ball picks:

Those crystal ball pickers want to be right and get a high -accuracy percentage.

Currently we are his only visit, and therefore the only place that there is a real chance he will commit to in the next week. It makes sense for them to put in a pick for us now, and potentially change it when there are more visits. That having been said, it's good to see picks for IU.

19 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Malik's Instagram shows he is following IndianaMBB , Xavier Johnson, Trey Galloway, and fellow IU comitt Kaleb Banks. And as of earlier this morning, he wasnt following IndianaMBB on there. Follow the tea leaves. 

as of yesterday X, Trey and JHS were the only IU guys that he was following or that were following him

I’ve been following IU recruiting really since the Crean years (only because it was the only thing to be excited about). Has IU ever had two 5 stars in a class? I know 2012 and 2013 were close but I think they had a 5 and a high 4 star. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I’ve been following IU recruiting really since the Crean years (only because it was the only thing to be excited about). Has IU ever had two 5 stars in a class? I know 2012 and 2013 were close but I think they had a 5 and a high 4 star. 

Mike Davis had signed both DJ White and Josh Smith in 2004. Josh smith of course never made it to campus - went straight to the NBA. 

8 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I still remember the 2014 class when Peegs was floating the idea of a potentially monster class with Blackmon, Trey Lyles, Theo Pinson, and Cliff Alexander.

We all know how that turned out. That's when I realized recruiting is never as good or bad as you think it'll be.

4 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Mike Davis had signed both DJ White and Josh Smith in 2004. Josh smith of course never made it to campus - went straight to the NBA. 

Interesting. I forgot about that. The part I’m potentially excited about is these two aren’t one and dones. JHS is at least a 2 year guy. Malik may be a 4 year player. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Interesting. I forgot about that. The part I’m potentially excited about is these two aren’t one and dones. JHS is at least a 2 year guy. Malik may be a 4 year player. 

If TJD returns I could see Malik being 4 years.  If TJD doesnt return, I'd lean 3 years for Malik.  You have Malik and Race at the 5.  IMO Malik > Logan

Just now, AKHoosier said:

I still remember the 2014 class when Peegs was floating the idea of a potentially monster class with Blackmon, Trey Lyles, Theo Pinson, and Cliff Alexander.

We all know how that turned out. That's when I realized recruiting is never as good or bad as you think it'll be.

Yes, you have to be careful. Expectations for these two (assuming Malik commits) should be met with caution. I think they’re likely our 4th/5th best players next year. That being said unlike most out of state recruits we get I’ve actually watched these two. They’re winners as far as I’m concerned. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

For me I think 23/24 could be interesting. These two guys in their second year with Geronimo, Galloway and Bates