Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

On 4/8/2022 at 8:56 PM, Chris007 said:

I agree that we could finish anywhere in the Big Ten but I’m expecting the team from the BTT for the whole season. Also it was said today on Peegs that certain members of the Big Ten coaches are meeting with the commissioner about the officiating. 

What is expected from the meeting on officiating? 

2 minutes ago, OldBuddy67 said:

What is expected from the meeting on officiating? 

Hopefully that they change the way the game is called in the Big Ten since it's affecting us come tournament time. With Painter, Izzo, Gard I doubt anything changes but at least the commissioner is willing to listen. 

12 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Hopefully that they change the way the game is called in the Big Ten since it's affecting us come tournament time. With Painter, Izzo, Gard I doubt anything changes but at least the commissioner is willing to listen. 

Agreed!!!!

19 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I wish they would take a business consultant with them and speak money matters.  The reality is with better officiating comes better athletes and that brings in serious money into the conference. Deeper runs in the dance equal more share money plus more donations and better marketing opportunities. It really is a no brainer. 

1 hour ago, Chris007 said:

To me it is more important for coaches to change the way they play over how the game is officiated.  While watching old games the way the game was played was so different with a more free flowing offense.

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

To me it is more important for coaches to change the way they play over how the game is officiated.  While watching old games the way the game was played was so different with a more free flowing offense.

I agree but I don't think the 3 coaches I named are changing the way they play

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

The only way to get the coaches to change, is to change the way the games are officiated. No coach is going to voluntarily change what they believe is the playing style that gives them the best chance to win. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Not necessarily. Excellent players want to play with other excellent players. They don’t see others preventing them from cracking the lineup.

But it might say where Miami has putting more of the time/resources into.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Not necessarily. Excellent players want to play with other excellent players. They don’t see others preventing them from cracking the lineup.

See:  Noah Clowney.

Surely we haven't forgotten.  Norchad Omier picking Miami would mean nothing.