Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

I’d rather have 3 or 4 years of reneau than 1 more of tjd/race. Obviously would love both, but Georgia and other southern schools are going to push immediate playing time compared to IU pushing development going against TJD in practice and being a key cog next year. I think he ends up committing to Georgia with the same coaching staff he already committed to once before.

25 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

To me, you know tjd and race wont be returning, you get experience this year going up against them all year, then 2023 season youre primed to potentially be an all b1g player, but usually playing time takes over in these situations. 

And then bring in Evans to play next to him 

:)

Just now, Honkyman said:

IU won't be as good next season without either TJD and/or Race.  

If we do have both what is your expectations? Sweet 16, elite 8? Just wondering. What expectations are 

5 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

IU won't be as good next season without either TJD and/or Race.  

100% agree. I get that a line up with both of them is better next year than without them. My focus is on what’s best for IU’s future/ceiling, which would be development of some combination of Geronimo/Bates/Duncomb/Galloway, and starting JHS and Reneau (hopefully). I’m hoping with JHS as an upperclassmen IU is able to make final 4 and win big ten. Next year the ceiling is top 4 in big ten and probably sweet 16.

Edited by vemmeistars

47 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If we do have both what is your expectations? Sweet 16, elite 8? Just wondering. What expectations are 

If Race and Woody realize that he can't just park his @$$ in the paint and gets the confidence to shoot, Indiana should contend for the Big Ten. Problem is, this team could finished 8th or it could win the Big Ten and anywhere in-between. So it makes it insanely difficult to know. Michigan is going to be good. I think Houstan makes a big jump for them and he showed flashes of being a deadly shooter. I think Purdue is going to be good still especially if they get Pack. Ohio State, Michigan State will probably be good. Wisconsin will be Wisconsin. Illinois and Iowa are interesting to think about. Illinois depends on Kofi and Kofi only. Big Ten could be losing a crap ton of talent and 3 of the best ones were just Sophomores which isn't a norm for the B1G. Especially schools like Wisconsin and Iowa. 

2 hours ago, Chris007 said:

For me it would be 4-5 more wins in the regular season and sweet 16 in the tournament. 

Id say 4-5 more wins should be easy, especially if X continues playing the way he closed out the season. We should’ve had 4-5 more this season even before X hit his stride but just couldn’t close. I don’t anticipate having that problem next year though.

That said, my expectations for the tourney will be tempered until some of our guys prove they can shoot the ball consistently outside of 15 feet. We played 25 games between the start of the B1G season and the loss to St. Mary’s. 23 of them were against high-major competition. We shot at or under 30% from 3 in 15 of those 23 games. That isn’t going to get it done.

12 hours ago, Chris007 said:

f we do have both what is your expectations? Sweet 16, elite 8?

If TJD returns, IU could easily make Sweet 16. And, if TJD & Race both return and the open scholarship goes to a player who is really good, Elite 8 is possible. I am assuming measurable improvement out of players like Bates and Geronimo. But it is difficult to predict what might happen next season until we know what we have.  

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

If TJD returns, IU could easily make Sweet 16. And, if TJD & Race both return and the open scholarship goes to a player who is really good, Elite 8 is possible. I am assuming measurable improvement out of players like Bates and Geronimo. But it is difficult to predict what might happen next season until we know what we have.  

I actually think this is fair. This years team with all its warts, played well enough in the B1G tournament to be a sweet sixteen team.  Wasn’t very pretty at times but TJD engaged and competent guard play gives a team a shot.  Speaking of shots, we need to get better to where we can hunt them vs being goaded into them. 

14 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

We could be an extremely improved team and only win 2-3 more games next season. We played a cakewalk in the noncon and had an easier Big 1.o schedule. I expect this will change a little starting next season.

Well we trade (what would have been)Butler for Kansas.