Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2022) PF Malik Reneau to INDIANA

8 hours ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

I know this school is different but what I’m happy about with JHS and Maybe Malik is that they are coming from a winning program. Even at the high school level I like it. Hulls, Zeller, and Yogi all won IHSAA championships. I think Oladipo played at a successful high school too.  

I think his team had 3 pros on it and VO was the 3rd option, at best, his senior year; Grant, Hopkins and VO, if memory serves.

I live in Washington, DC and saw that Dematha team play. Victor Oladipo didn't shoot anything but layups and dunks. Cook was the shooter and the star.  Oladipo was obviously athletic but nobody back then predicted he would be a standout in college and end up in the NBA. Have to give Tom Crean credit for seeing more potential than Oladipo showed as a high schooler.

I live in Washington, DC and saw that Dematha team play. Victor Oladipo didn't shoot anything but layups and dunks. Cook was the shooter and the star.  Oladipo was obviously athletic but nobody back then predicted he would be a standout in college and end up in the NBA. Have to give Tom Crean credit for seeing more potential than Oladipo showed as a high schooler.
He also saw the potential in OG and Jmo

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Banksyrules said:

You know I’m taking credit for Oladipo’s development (sarcasm). 4 days before Victor Oladipos freshman season I traveled from NC to Indianapolis but had a stop over at Baltimore.  low and behold I saw Victor waiting to get into my same flight. I said excuse me are you Victor Oladipo? He said yes sir and I kindly welcomed him to IU and wished him luck with his team.

Then I took the bus shuttle and Victor sat next to me and we talked it out.  He said how did you know me, then I said “we all know you”. Praised his athletic ability but also stressed to him that all you have to do is try hard (school and on the court) and everyone will love you.   Also mentioned to him that he had NBA potential and that he has to work on his jumper and three point shot and you’re there……. You’re welcome everyone.    

You da man 

2 hours ago, Banksyrules said:

You know I’m taking credit for Oladipo’s development (sarcasm). 4 days before Victor Oladipos freshman season I traveled from NC to Indianapolis but had a stop over at Baltimore.  low and behold I saw Victor waiting to get into my same flight. I said excuse me are you Victor Oladipo? He said yes sir and I kindly welcomed him to IU and wished him luck with his team.

Then I took the bus shuttle and Victor sat next to me and we talked it out.  He said how did you know me, then I said “we all know you”. Praised his athletic ability but also stressed to him that all you have to do is try hard (school and on the court) and everyone will love you.   Also mentioned to him that he had NBA potential and that he has to work on his jumper and three point shot and you’re there……. You’re welcome everyone.    

But - what have you done for me lately?

There are a few more players I'd like you to chat with!

Wonder if coming off the bench would be a deal breaker for him. Does anyone else think that still getting valuable minutes and learning behind race/trayce (he'd be first big man off bench) would work for him. People say Malik is a 2-3 year guy, so dont think he will be worried about HAVING to play as a 1AD would be. 

15 minutes ago, cleeter said:

Wonder if coming off the bench would be a deal breaker for him. Does anyone else think that still getting valuable minutes and learning behind race/trayce (he'd be first big man off bench) would work for him. People say Malik is a 2-3 year guy, so dont think he will be worried about HAVING to play as a 1AD would be. 

Agree with this. If TJD stays, he should be the one selling Malik to come to IU, when on his visit! 

4 hours ago, cleeter said:

I think one thing that could help is that at Montverde players wait their turn, so it wouldn't be a foreign concept for him.

I'm really conflicted on who to take for the last open scholarship spot. 

2022 high school guys

malik reneau

abdou thierro

jeremy foumena

rich rolfe

portal guys

johni broome

jake stephens

dexter dennis

sean mcneal

The glaring need is a guard/wing who can consistently hit threes and not be a defensive liability. But which of theses guys fits that need?

But after watching the Geico Nationals how can you not want Malik Reneau even if he does not fill a particular need the kid is a walking double double with a motor that does not stop.

oh, and don't sleep on Dexter Dennis. I watched a lot of Shocker games and he is and incredible athlete and elite defender.

So who you going to take?

12 minutes ago, mike vannice said:

I'm really conflicted on who to take for the last open scholarship spot. 

2022 high school guys

malik reneau

abdou thierro

jeremy foumena

rich rolfe

portal guys

johni broome

jake stephens

dexter dennis

sean mcneal

The glaring need is a guard/wing who can consistently hit threes and not be a defensive liability. But which of theses guys fits that need?

But after watching the Geico Nationals how can you not want Malik Reneau even if he does not fill a particular need the kid is a walking double double with a motor that does not stop.

oh, and don't sleep on Dexter Dennis. I watched a lot of Shocker games and he is and incredible athlete and elite defender.

So who you going to take?

For me Reneau 1st choice than portal shooter.