Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierHoops1

(2025) SF Koa Peat

Hey Woody.  I'm an old man.  I'm having trouble keeping up with all these scholarship offers.  You wanna dial it down a notch?  

'25 SF Koa Seward Peat is listed as 6'8" 210 lbs. on 247.  Class of '25 isn't yet ranked by any of the services but he's already received a number of high D-1 offers including Kansas and UCLA.  He attends Perry HS in Gilbert, AZ and plays AAU for Compton Magic on the Adidas circuit.  This is  the same AAU team affiliation as that of '23 Andrej Stojakovic but I haven't determined if Peat is playing with the 17U team or not.   No MaxPreps stats and I didn't see anything for him on Hudl.

@kpeat10

Rivals

Aug '21 Background     7 in his family.  One of my brothers plays in the NFL and my other brothers play D-1 football. My dad played in the NFL.

Feb '21 Background

Hey Woody.  I'm an old man.  I'm having trouble keeping up with all these scholarship offers.  You wanna dial it down a notch?  

'25 SF Koa Seward Peat is listed as 6'8" 210 lbs. on 247.  Class of '25 isn't yet ranked by any of the services but he's already received a number of high D-1 offers including Kansas and UCLA.  He attends Perry HS in Gilbert, AZ and plays AAU for Compton Magic on the Adidas circuit.  This is  the same AAU team affiliation as that of '23 Andrej Stojakovic but I haven't determined if Peat is playing with the 17U team or not.   No MaxPreps stats and I didn't see anything for him on Hudl.

@kpeat10

Rivals

Aug '21 Background     7 in his family.  One of my brothers plays in the NFL and my other brothers play D-1 football. My dad played in the NFL.

Feb '21 Background

Some say he could start #1 in class ATM.

Edited-Rabjohns referenced this in OP. My bad.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-indiana-offers-2025-wing-koa-peat/?fbclid=IwAR2kb0QCzaXfQ0xlMt1Zk-5AQ8--a8mSn8_Rj8xyM_9SDrOgKagKsWkiTJk

Of particular significance:  The 6-foot-8 Peat plays up two years at the 17U level on the Adidas 3SSB Circuit, and he played up three years last year.  He is teammates with fellow IU target Andrej Stojakovic on the Compton Magic While playing some in front IU assistants including Kenya Hunter, Peat averaged 22.8 points, 10.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists and 1.8 blocks per game while shooting 52 percent over the four games of the live period.

Adam Finkelstein of 247 will be watching the Adidas event this weekend.

Koa Peat, 6-8, 2025, Compton Magic

He’s just a 15-year-old freshman and yet he not only played up at the 17-and-under level at the first session of the 3SSB Circuit but he was the only player in the entire field to average over 20 and 10 with 22.8 points and 10.5 rebounds through four games. While he’s already had a big reputation, and early high-major offers, since before his first day of high school, that showing just solidified his stock as one of the truly elite young talents in the nation.

What am I watching for this weekend? What I always do when I see a celebrated youngster – Is his production a consequence of being an early bloomer or is there an obvious upside still left to discover? Are there any signs of entitlement or does he show the humility necessary to keep developing?

On 4/18/2022 at 5:40 PM, HoosierTrav said:

I think this kid and Cooper Flagg will contend for #1 in this class. Flagg is an absolute monster.

I didn't know who this Flagg kid was, so I watched a little film.

He's not bad...for a freshman.  I'm kidding!  Where's his offer?

I watched a little film of both, and they both play far beyond their years.  At a quick glance, my eyes can't fathom how Peat will be rated higher than Flagg.  One is an athletic gazelle who runs the floor and isn't afraid to be a bulldozer.  The other is a finesse scoring machine who is extremely crafty with his dribbles and passing.  Both finish strong under contact, one mostly by using speed, power and athleticism to dunk on or rise up over others and the other more so by using elite body control.  Peat's game is smooth and he makes it look easy, but Flagg manages to dribble through traffic exceptionally well (I like how his game changes speed and he uses purposeful hesitation and seems very methodical).  I feel like one uses his athleticism extremely well, while the other uses athleticism and a large bag of skills.  

From these videos, and knowing nothing about the competition (I know, LA vs Maine) and only seeing highlights, Peat seems to use his athleticism and power very well to be a volume scorer while Flagg uses his court awareness and footwork to contribute to what seems like a better all-around game.  Again, though, I am only seeing highlights.  It could very well be that Peat's "best freshman in the country" highlight video was to showcase his scoring, but the stats tell me my eyes may have seen things accurately.  

Peat: 15 pts per game, 6.1 rebs per game, 1.6 assists per game, 1.8 blocks per game (couldn't find his steals)

Flagg:  20.5 pts per game, 10 rebs per game, 6.2 assists per game, 3.7 steals per game, 3.7 blocks per game

Is there room for both?

Jack Herron -  The most impressive prospect at #3SSB? My vote goes to 2025 Koa Pete of @Compton_Magic 17.  6’8 F with an inside-out skillset, soft touch and a chip to his game. Not only playing up 2 age groups but is one of the best and most productive players in the age group.

Paul Biancardi - Koa Peat is a productive beast who looks to make the right play. His willingness to pass and to make an accurate pass does not get mentioned enough.Physically imposing in the class of 2025.