Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - SF Andrej Stojakovic to Stanford

1 hour ago, rayl456 said:

Not much more than a brief mention of IU.  Lots of work to do here, it seems.

That's how I read it too. We have our work cut out for us creating an avenue here. 

Travis Branham  --

It's been quite the journey from an unknown prospect to becoming a blue-blood recruit in less than a year for Andrej Stojakovic. Honestly, it's even more wild that the son of an NBA legend, Peja Stojakovic, was ever flying under the radar at all prior to emerging as a Top-100 recruit at Section 7 in Phoenix last June.

At the time, Stojakovic was a 6-foot-6, 175-pound wing who had foundation of skill, IQ, toughness and shot-making along with elite bloodlines that gave him high upside as a prospect, especially when you factor in that he had just started focusing and putting in the training and work to pursue this journey.

During that weekend, Stojakovic earned just his second offer from San Francisco and surely enough those were his final games of the summer as he headed off to Greece for the next month shortly after.

By the start of his high school season that list of offers grew to five programs - Cal Poly, San Francisco, UCSB, Saint Mary's and Louisville - and it took until this spring before people started taking real notice.

Through the first two spring evaluation periods, Stojakovic has now earned seven high major offers from Tennessee, Indiana, Washington State, UConn, Kansas, Florida and his most recent coming from Kentucky.

Stojakovic discussed his journey and his thoughts on some of the programs who have recently gotten involved with 247Sports at 3SSB over the weekend.

"Just taking it day-by-day, working at what I want to get to and that's to hopefully make it to the pros," Stojakovic said of how he has made a jump in his development. "Not getting caught up in the weird stuff off the court and all the media stuff."

Luckily for Stojakovic, he has great guidance off the floor from his father who was once in his shoes.

"I think he has just been helping me with how to handle all of this stuff even on the court," he said. "Like when teams are giving me different looks offensively and learning how to handle it and expand my game."

Stojakovic is one of the best shot-makers in the class and has also become one of the best shot-creators and with the high majors now taking notice, he discussed his thoughts on some of the programs he his eyeing as possible visit destinations.

"I am planning to do some visits in June and July," he said. "One I am close to going over with is Stanford, I want to do a Stanford visit and then go from there. Kentucky obviously, Indiana, Tennessee and UConn."

Indiana: "It's a big basketball school with over 15,000 people watching every game. They got a good class coming in this year and next year with Gabe Cupps so just trying to keep building a relationship with them."

Kentucky: "It [the offer] meant the world to me. Obviously coach Cal is one of the best coaches of all time and for him to even notice my game and say the things he said about me was kind of surreal. Traditionally it's a basketball school, you make it to the tournament every year and you have expectations to win it all and they just go out, compete and play against the best."

Stanford: "In the Pac12, they play some of the best competition and with the networking and connections that they have, it can set you up after basketball and it’s a program where I can go in and play right away."

Tennessee: "They play a pro-style, they get their guys ready for the pros, they play fast, they space out and Kennedy Chandler was a big part this year so that was good to watch."

UConn: "I live in Sacramento and Rudy *** used to be on the Kings so just him being at UConn and watching Kemba [Walker] play at UConn, they're a basketball school and they have really high expectations for the tournament every year."

What is he looking for in his future school?

"Good ratio of academics and basketball and an environment that can help me get to where I want to and then an easy place where my family overseas can come and watch me play," he said.

He currently ranks as the No. 103 overall prospect in the class but is due for a significant jump come next rankings update.

Rob Cassidy --

The son of former NBA star Peja Stojaković has been on the radar for nearly a year and currently sits at No. 63 in the Rivals150. He’s outplayed that ranking by a wide margin this spring, however, and college coaches and scouts alike have taken notice. The four-star prospect has gotten significantly taller in the last year and has become a hyper-versatile wing that can handle the ball and shoot it from range. He shines in the pick-and-roll game and posts eye-popping rebound numbers. At just 16 years old, the Compton Magic standout is impossibly skilled and starting to make waves with blueblood programs by dominating adidas 3SSB circuit games.

RECRUITMENT: Kentucky is the latest program to offer Stojaković, but it isn't the first and won’t be the last. Schools such as Tennessee, Indiana, Washington State, UConn, Kansas and Florida have also made things official. There’s no telling what direction his recruitment will go, but the elite wing certainly seems wowed by UK's decision to enter his recruitment.

Samad Hines on spring stock risers --

2023 G/F Andrej Stojakovic (Jesuit) – Andrej Stojakovic, son of 3x All-Star Peja Stojakovic, has taken the nation by storm since the end of junior season at Jesuit High School in California. The 6-foot-7 guard/forward has been extremely impressive with his play on the court running with Compton Magic (CA). Schools like Kentucky, UCLA, Georgia Tech, Cal, Oregon, Texas, Florida, Kansas, Connecticut, and others have offered over the last two months. Andrej has a good feel for the game, plays at his own pace at all times, able to create his own offense, and consistently makes shots from all levels. As he continues to climb up the national rankings, Stojakovic has turned himself into a “must-see” prospect for college coaches.

Travis Graf  --

‘23 wing Andrej Stojakovic has scheduled an official visit to Stanford for June 1st, he tells @RivalsHoops. Scheduling other visits to Texas, Virginia, Tennessee, and either UConn or IU before July 31st. Fall visit plans include UCLA, USC, Kansas, Kentucky, and UConn or IU.

13 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Travis Graf  --

‘23 wing Andrej Stojakovic has scheduled an official visit to Stanford for June 1st, he tells @RivalsHoops. Scheduling other visits to Texas, Virginia, Tennessee, and either UConn or IU before July 31st. Fall visit plans include UCLA, USC, Kansas, Kentucky, and UConn or IU.

That makes it sound like he's kind of interested but not really. Hopefully, he'll choose to give IU the official visit and the staff can work their magic. Since he wants those official visits out of the way before August, I guess we'll know soon enough.

I read it as that he's going to visit IU and UCONN, but isn't sure which one he'll visit this summer or the fall.

8 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

That makes it sound like he's kind of interested but not really. Hopefully, he'll choose to give IU the official visit and the staff can work their magic. Since he wants those official visits out of the way before August, I guess we'll know soon enough.

7 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

I read it as that he's going to visit IU and UCONN, but isn't sure which one he'll visit this summer or the fall.

You're right. I misread. I do hope IU gets an official visit instead of just an unofficial one, though.

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I get that feeling for a lot of our '23 targets.  Not so much with Carr, and Page but all the rest.  And yet, I still think Page could be a tough one to get.  Interesting.  

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

“Most of my family is overseas and would love to come to watch me play. I want to go somewhere that would be easy for my family to get to“

that’s not IUBB 

Nope, sure isn't. Any idea if the BTN is available internationally? Probably not, but if it is that could help. 

31 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

“Most of my family is overseas and would love to come to watch me play. I want to go somewhere that would be easy for my family to get to“

that’s not IUBB 

True, but looking at his list (Austin, Charlottesville, Knoxville, Lexington, Lawrence) other then the LA schools none of them have international airports. And LA is still the farthest away. Even UCONN is a haul from NYC.  

2 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

True, but looking at his list (Austin, Charlottesville, Knoxville, Lexington, Lawrence) other then the LA schools none of them have international airports. And LA is still the farthest away. Even UCONN is a haul from NYC.  

UCONN is the best choice. Lots of international flights into Boston.