Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - Liam McNeeley TO NOT INDIANA

36 minutes ago, Demo said:

And the replies are the landslide you would expect.

I lost count of how many IU replies before the first non IU reply.  I think it was Oklahoma, which had a few more scattered in.  One Alabama, one Kansas reply begging him to go there, one or two Texas, and one Michigan.  The landslide has to be eye opening.

1 hour ago, 94Bulldog said:

I lost count of how many IU replies before the first non IU reply.  I think it was Oklahoma, which had a few more scattered in.  One Alabama, one Kansas reply begging him to go there, one or two Texas, and one Michigan.  The landslide has to be eye opening.

The OU reply I saw said that Porter Moser has been recruiting him since 8th grade. I find that hard to believe since Moser would've still been at Loyola at that time and didn't end up at OU until after McNeeley's freshman season. I doubt Moser thought he could get him to go to Loyola.

With summer break going on I'm going to try and do a study of some of the top prospects IU is going after. Haven't done this in about 4-5 years as excitement has been down. Sometimes I along with other fans are guilty of looking at the ranking and not watching the actual player. With Liam, he is legit worth the top ten ranking. Not sure where I rank him but I think he has to be one of the top 2 or 3 players IU is going after. Might end up being #1 on my list. Seems like a really tough kid. Can play the 3 or 4. He is capable of leading fast breaks. Really good mid range game. Attacks the paint really well and finishes. Has a very nice three point shot. On defense he jumped in front of a few passes. Legit 5 star. I think he is a possible one and done player. 

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

More on McNeeley's planned OV.  Working for a September football weekend date.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/article/liam-mcneeley-montverde-academy-indiana-basketball-recruiting-212911394/

So, he can come see Ohio St, Indiana St or Akron?  Wow, that’s a tough one.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Indiana State is your winner.  Sept. 8-10 will be his OV.

This is good.

1. He could see a full stadium, mostly of Ohio State fans, with Indiana fans alternating between the fetal position and rallying cries of "We suck!" or,
  2. He can see us (hopefully) beat Indiana State with a mildly pleased stadium of fans, and with the biggest football gameday cheers saved for the waving basketball players in attendance.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

This is good.

1. He could see a full stadium, mostly of Ohio State fans, with Indiana fans alternating between the fetal position and rallying cries of "We suck!" or,
  2. He can see us (hopefully) beat Indiana State with a mildly pleased stadium of fans, and with the biggest football gameday cheers saved for the waving basketball players in attendance.

Ehhh.  Obviously #1 is exaggerated greatly, but I've found a bad football program has helped us in the past.  Many basketball recruits at football games have commented that they loved the experience.  They note that IU is talking basketball even in the middle of football season.  It's almost like we're bad at football on purpose.  

It doesn't matter who we play in football but I think the big games (like Ohio State) where we lose is better than mediocre games where we win.

Samad Hines -  The current 2023-2024 Montverde Academy basketball roster -- a projected top-5 program (if not No. 1) as of today.

- Curtis Givens III

- Cooper Flagg

- Liam McNeeley

- Derik Queen

- Asa Newell

- Rob Wright III (Baylor)

- Bryce Heard

- Dhani Miller

- Caleb Gaskins

- Kayden Allen