Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - Liam McNeeley TO NOT INDIANA

On 10/5/2022 at 10:37 AM, Hoosierfanyuh said:

I think itll be between us and texas and texas will get the nod. Just my opinion though

That article doesn’t give me much hope. He is from Texas, likes Coach Beard, gushes about Austin and UT. Ultimately he is going to say hook em horns.

13 hours ago, DChoosier said:

That article doesn’t give me much hope. He is from Texas, likes Coach Beard, gushes about Austin and UT. Ultimately he is going to say hook em horns.

I really hope he chooses us, but he does look like he'd be attracted to Austin.

https://www.on3.com/news/liam-mcneeley-updates-recruitment-talks-visits/

Quick update from Tipton on McNeeley’s recruitment. Planning officials to Texas and Oklahoma. Really want to see the kid in Bloomington,. But purely from the perspective of a basketball junkie, man, he would be a stone killer in Moser’s system.

4 hours ago, Demo said:

https://www.on3.com/news/liam-mcneeley-updates-recruitment-talks-visits/

Quick update from Tipton on McNeeley’s recruitment. Planning officials to Texas and Oklahoma. Really want to see the kid in Bloomington,. But purely from the perspective of a basketball junkie, man, he would be a stone killer in Moser’s system.

I do like that he talks about player/coach relationship on and off the court…there aren’t many coaches with a better reputation for in and off court relationships then Mike.

Would love to get this kid for a lot of reasons. I think Woody/staff might be getting a bit of a pipeline of sorts. Treat JHS/Malik right, get them to next level and continue to compliment Montverde program and coach. Would be incredible to get one of this program's kids every year or two.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, IU-DL said:

Just bumped into KHunter at the airport in FL.  He was at the game recruiting last night. Also….SUPER nice guy. Chatted with me casually. Very approachable. I’m like a super insider now. 

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.

7 hours ago, IU-DL said:

Just bumped into KHunter at the airport in FL.  He was at the game recruiting last night. Also….SUPER nice guy. Chatted with me casually. Very approachable. I’m like a super insider now. 

Spill the beans. What's the inside scoop? :)

From Jamie Shaw after last night's performance in Day 1 of the Bob Kirk Invitational.

Liam McNeeley has consistently been a top 25 player in the 2024 class; right now, he is No. 20 in the 2024 On3 150. McNeeley led the Nike EYBL 16u Circuit in scoring through April before being called up to the Drive Nation 17u team in May.

McNeeley transferred to play his junior season at Montverde (FL) Academy. The 6-foot-7 junior has been a starter for the top five ranked Montverde team, shooting over 50 percent from three. The four-star finished with a Day 1 high of 21 points in the wing. He was 7-of-11 from the field and 5-of-9 from three. The wing also added seven rebounds, two assists, and two blocks in the NIBC win.

McNeeley’s mom played D-I basketball, and so did both of his uncles and his grandfather. His jump shot is pure, the release is consistent, and he shoots it with the utmost confidence. But McNeeley knows how to play. There is also the factor that he will be a multiple-year starter at Montverde, an honor reserved for the likes of RJ Barrett, Ben Simmons, and Cade Cunningham. He’s playing confidently.

34 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

From Jamie Shaw after last night's performance in Day 1 of the Bob Kirk Invitational.

Liam McNeeley has consistently been a top 25 player in the 2024 class; right now, he is No. 20 in the 2024 On3 150. McNeeley led the Nike EYBL 16u Circuit in scoring through April before being called up to the Drive Nation 17u team in May.

McNeeley transferred to play his junior season at Montverde (FL) Academy. The 6-foot-7 junior has been a starter for the top five ranked Montverde team, shooting over 50 percent from three. The four-star finished with a Day 1 high of 21 points in the wing. He was 7-of-11 from the field and 5-of-9 from three. The wing also added seven rebounds, two assists, and two blocks in the NIBC win.

McNeeley’s mom played D-I basketball, and so did both of his uncles and his grandfather. His jump shot is pure, the release is consistent, and he shoots it with the utmost confidence. But McNeeley knows how to play. There is also the factor that he will be a multiple-year starter at Montverde, an honor reserved for the likes of RJ Barrett, Ben Simmons, and Cade Cunningham. He’s playing confidently.

At this point McNeeley’s my favorite ‘24 offer. That kid is such an offensive widget for a creative coach. You can run so much offense through him. And he’s a pretty good defender.