Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - Liam McNeeley TO NOT INDIANA

So much for them “getting better.” They’re unprofessional clowns. Middle-aged men with the judgment of preteens. I wouldn’t trust them anywhere near a recruit. No idea what the program sees in them. Somehow the big hitters in college basketball have figured out how to funnel NIL money to recruits without relying on carnival barkers. Why can’t we? 

They do it quieter and bigger at the same time. We are trying so hard to stay within the letter of the law while the lawless lap and laugh at us. A for effort, though, right?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

They do it quieter and bigger at the same time. We are trying so hard to stay within the letter of the law while the lawless lap and laugh at us. A for effort, though, right?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Say you’re a high school basketball player. Do you choose school A, where you’ll have to deal with those two weirdos, or go to school B where you’ll get paid more money and not have to deal with them? Not a very hard decision, imo… Our rivals love that we’ve hitched our wagons to the hysterical Hoosiers.

What 50ish old man types this out and thinks “this is the tweet. This is what I want to send to the 16 year old I want to come to my school.” (Also what 50ish year old man tweets at high school recruits in the first place, but I digress) 

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The fact that we’re debating how bad the weird tweet our lovely NIL guys sent out to a teenager is a problem in and of itself. They shouldn’t be tweeting at recruits period. 

True. But it wasn’t bad enough for anyone in the program to tell them to delete it. I like your description of it; weird.

33 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

So much for them “getting better.” They’re unprofessional clowns. Middle-aged men with the judgment of preteens. I wouldn’t trust them anywhere near a recruit. No idea what the program sees in them. Somehow the big hitters in college basketball have figured out how to funnel NIL money to recruits without relying on carnival barkers. Why can’t we? 

So much of it is because they already had illegal money earmarked for recruits. 

5 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Liam is a funny dude, I’m guessing. Sup with the red phone recruiting pic? Lolz

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Was wondering the same thing. Thought maybe there was some minor old school thing I’d forgotten about.

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Liam is a funny dude, I’m guessing. Sup with the red phone recruiting pic? Lolz

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

He's holding it upside down too lol

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Pretty good article other than the fact that he is not in any remotely conventional sense of the term, a power forward.