Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2024) - Liam McNeeley TO NOT INDIANA

Alex Karamanos reporting we've offered 5-star 6'7" Liam McNeeley who attends John Paul II High School in Plano, TX.  247 calls him a PF; Rivals a SF.   No MaxPreps stats.  He plays AAU for Drive Nation 16U.

@liammcneeley30

Rivals

HUDL

https://www.si.com/college/2021/10/27/liam-mcneely-a-hot-commodity-in-2024-recruiting

https://www.usab.com/basketball/players/mens/m/mcneeley-liam.aspx

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Alex Karamanos reporting we've offered 5-star 6'7" Liam McNeeley who attends John Paul II High School in Plano, TX.  247 calls him a PF; Rivals a SF.   No MaxPreps stats.  He plays AAU for Drive Nation 16U.

@liammcneeley30

Rivals

HUDL

https://www.si.com/college/2021/10/27/liam-mcneely-a-hot-commodity-in-2024-recruiting

https://www.usab.com/basketball/players/mens/m/mcneeley-liam.aspx

Versatility!

In four games this weekend, McNeeley averaged 29 points, 10.5 rebounds and 5.0 assists per game.

https://indiana.rivals.com/news/2024-introduction-liam-mcneeley?fbclid=IwAR1ule4JiBmCdG5nurXiRfw3YPT7SNXEPEz9jufOeKACjreFrNwpblTr2Rw

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Good player. Watched a couple of his HS games after he was offered and 2 EYBL games this weekend. Has some similarities to Jimmy Butler. Plays at his pace and refuses to be sped up. Plays with a giant chip on his shoulder. Has a complete skill set, though he doesn’t really know how to play without the ball yet. Has very good defensive instincts and, despite not appearing to be all that long, gets a lot of deflections. 

Dallas Morning News - 

John Paul II five-star basketball recruit Liam McNeeley will transfer to Florida’s Montverde Academy, he announced Thursday on Twitter.  McNeeley, the sixth-ranked player on ESPN’s class of 2024 recruiting rankings, was a first-team all-state honoree as a sophomore at John Paul II last season. He averaged 16.8 points, 9 rebounds and 4.8 assists for John Paul II — which won the TAPPS 6A state championship — after playing his freshman season at Richardson Pearce.

A 6-6 forward, McNeeley won a gold medal with Team USA at the 2021 FIBA Americas U16 Championship last August, and attended the national team’s minicamp in April. He holds offers from Duke, Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and comes from a basketball family. His mother, Ashley, played college basketball at Rice; his uncle, Chuck, played at SMU and Baylor; his grandfather, also named Chuck, played at TCU.

Montverde Academy, one of the country’s premier basketball prep schools, finished the 2021-22 season as ESPN’s top ranked high school team in the nation. It’s produced a number of NBA players in the last decade, including Joel Embiid, Ben Simmons, Scottie Barnes and Cade Cunningham — who transferred there after his sophomore season at Arlington Bowie.

McNeeley will be one of three Texas natives on Montverde’s 2022-23 roster, including Plano native Amier Ali, a rising junior and Missouri City native Chris Johnson, a rising senior. Both are four-star recruits.

McNeeley is one of several prized recruits who’ve transferred out of the Dallas area this spring. McKinney guard Ja’Kobe Walter, a five-star rising senior, transferred to Link Academy (Mo.) in May. The Greenhill School four-star rising junior Micah Robinson and John Paul II rising senior Gabe Warren both transferred to Southern California Academy last month as well.

On3 talked with a handful of prospects about how their recruiting is going.

4-star Liam McNeeley (SF)

On3 Consensus Ranking: No. 15
Montverde Academy (FL) | Class of 2024

Which schools are recruiting you the hardest?
Texas, Indiana, Iowa, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State are recruiting me the hardest right now.

What schools would you like to visit? 
I want to take official visits to Indiana, Stanford, and Iowa. (McNeeley has unofficially visited Texas, TCU, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State)

Did you have a dream school growing up? 
I did not have a dream school growing up. I cheered for everyone from the blue bloods to the small local schools.

Which college coach would you say you’ve formed the closest relationship with and why?
I have become the closest with Coach Beard at Texas. Texas is the school that I’ve taken the most visits to, and he has also come to see me play quite a bit.

Is there anybody you’d like to team up with in college or is anyone recruiting you to join them? 
I wouldn’t say I want to team up with anybody right now, but I’m really excited to take official visits with other guys that are also being recruited by the same school, and just talk about that possibility.