Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

Not a drinking story, but another 'great policing' story 

Pulled over going 95 on I495 (DC) 

Cop: You realize you were clocking 95?

Me: Yeah sorry, my wife just called, says she's starting to have contractions (she was)

Cop: Get going son, you need to get home --

10 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

It was only about a year ago that Terrence Clarke died in a car accident while speeding... I find it odd how people are treating this as if it is just whatever. 

Tens of millions of Americans drive well over the speed limit every day. To pretend that it's shocking that this happened would be disingenuous. It's not a good idea and that's why if one gets caught there are consequences.

But, comparing this to a very public, very tragic accident like Clarke's just because they both play basketball is not germane to the point. X drove way too fast, he wasn't drunk, and no one was hurt. There are consequences for that, but everyone who drives way too fast or isn't outraged by driving over the speed limit is not deliberately insensitive to Terrence Clarke or others that have been injured in car accidents.

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I actually think almost losing a leg might help my game somehow. 

I keep telling myself, it's not about the score! That line of thinking only lasts a hole, or two 

38 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Tens of millions of Americans drive well over the speed limit every day. To pretend that it's shocking that this happened would be disingenuous. It's not a good idea and that's why if one gets caught there are consequences.

But, comparing this to a very public, very tragic accident like Clarke's just because they both play basketball is not germane to the point. X drove way too fast, he wasn't drunk, and no one was hurt. There are consequences for that, but everyone who drives way too fast or isn't outraged by driving over the speed limit is not deliberately insensitive to Terrence Clarke or others that have been injured in car accidents.

Right. But people are acting like it's just whatever. That's why stupidity like this continues to happen. Because people want to turn a blind eye to it. 

5 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Right. But people are acting like it's just whatever. That's why stupidity like this continues to happen. Because people want to turn a blind eye to it. 

Agreed LCS, and I hear you -- it's not a "whatever."

Every situation is different was my point - but yours makes sense too. 

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

Technically, you're paying the same to play more golf than someone with a better score...

Great way of looking at it! More bang for your buck! The inconsistent score,from week to week, is what drives me crazy.

7 minutes ago, jk34 said:

Great way of looking at it! More bang for your buck! The inconsistent score,from week to week, is what drives me crazy.

Playing the "safer" shot will lead to a more consistent score, although it might not necessarily be the lower score nor nearly as fun.

17 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Agreed LCS, and I hear you -- it's not a "whatever."

Every situation is different was my point - but yours makes sense too. 

Yup. Never know what can happen. My dad would have guaranteed died in his wreck 22 years ago if he had worn his seatbelt. But he still always told us to wear it. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yup. Never know what can happen. My dad would have guaranteed died in his wreck 22 years ago if he had worn his seatbelt. But he still always told us to wear it. 

I had a cousin die specifically because she was wearing her seat belt. 5 in the car, 4 NOT wearing the belt, 1 did and died because of the seat belt injuries. 

Dustin Dopirak - Xavier Johnson waived his initial hearing on his resisting law enforcement with a vehicle and reckless driving charges, which was set for this afternoon. Next steps have not been scheduled yet.

For those craving still more info --

https://www.tysonlawfirmpc.com/criminal-law/what-happens-at-an-initial-hearing

23 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Drink less beer while golfing?

Drink more beer while golfing?

The answer may be with the beer.

The first one helps, second one back to net neutral, three+ downhill.