Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

2 hours ago, Indiana8585 said:

Add a game on the suspension for being stupid enough to get out of the car and switch seats.  At 22, you can do that in the car.

14 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

It was more than a speeding ticket

In the end it will be just a speeding ticket. The resisting arrest will be dropped. Since he apparently has another excessive speeding ticket, his drivers license could be in jeopardy. This case will be resolved well in advance of next season. Very unlikely he will be dismissed, imo, but Woodson is going to make him pay in other ways.

20 minutes ago, Josh said:

Punishing somebody for what could have happened instead of what actually happened is not fair to anybody.  Let's just focus on what he did instead of what he did not do.

The fact that he passed a breath test for alcohol is a big deal in terms of the disposition of the case. Had he been drunk, he would be in much greater jeopardy.  

6 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Good to know that a speeding ticket for you is grounds for dismissal. Hope we can field a team next year. 

If all speeders were kept from showing up for games, it would be a very empty arena.  I don't even want to tell you about some of my friends, (all over 50).  They can finally afford those nice sporty cars and they do enjoy seeing what those cars can do.  

15 minutes ago, jumpshot53 said:

If all speeders were kept from showing up for games, it would be a very empty arena.  I don't even want to tell you about some of my friends, (all over 50).  They can finally afford those nice sporty cars and they do enjoy seeing what those cars can do.  

I’ve hit 150. Maybe i shouldn’t post here… :)

On 4/3/2022 at 4:13 PM, IU - Kaulie said:

So this is my take.  I think that at the very least some kind of suspension will be coming.  JHS is coming and he is ready to play the moment he sets foot on campus.  Woodson has talked all season about point guard being the most important position and how he needs a point guard he can trust to run the team and be a leader.  

JHS is going to get a lot of time running with the starters as point guard in practice as next season approaches. He will spend a lot of time with the coaching staff going over game plans, matchups, scouting reports, what we are trying to do on offense, defense, etc.  I would not be surprised if this bad judgement from X results in him losing a lot on the court.

Whether JHS is ready or not should not enter into the punishment equation. And as Woodson demonstrated, as he should have, at NW, he made his decision irrespective of it's immediate impact on the team. I see a lot of running the stadium and a suspension to start the season in his future.

1 hour ago, jumpshot53 said:

Dakich is posting on twitter,  laughing at the people saying that RMK had a "no nonsense policy" for his players.  DD said Knight ALWAYS kept talented players instead of dismissing them from the team.  I don't know where people got the idea IU players were squeaky clean in the good old days...lol.  Some posters sound like they would only be happy with a team of Stepford robots representing Indiana basketball.   Where did all misinformation about RMK come from?  He was a GREAT coach, but he never insisted on a team full of choir boys.

Two words, Jay and Edwards

2 hours ago, Josh said:

I'm fully in the camp where I'm not ready to make a demand on what his punishment should be.  We simply don't know all the facts, nor do we know what kind of understanding he had with Woody after the Northwestern debacle.

What I do find to be unfair are the statements that "he could have killed somebody" or the comparison to Henry Ruggs.  

Punishing somebody for what could have happened instead of what actually happened is not fair to anybody.  Let's just focus on what he did instead of what he did not do.

I’ve been quiet on this subject, as I think both sides of the aisle have valid points. I get it if he’s kicked off the team, but I also get it if he’s just punished/suspended games. He made a stupid mistake, and was made worse by evading the police. Dude needs to get his act together, and I think Woody can really help him. I do believe in the 3 strike rule so anymore issues he has to be gone imo. 

If he is retained, hope he keeps his nose clean and will really step into a leadership role. Talent and capability is there, just hope he realizes it.