Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

48 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

What is the maximum speed limit down Walnut? What is the maximum speed limit on the interstate? To be fair, it's actually quite easy to see the difference if you want to.

North walnut or old 37 as it is referred to the speed limit is actually 55. I don't think that is where he was. 

32 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea I'm not understanding the "who hasn't gone 90 on Walnut" group. I definitely haven't. I'll be in Bloomington today. Where is the best spot on Walnut to hit 90? Will finally get to turn on the sports mode. 

You really need to get up to 95 to hit all of the lights

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

North walnut or old 37 as it is referred to the speed limit is actually 55. I don't think that is where he was. 

Right, there are areas on Old 37 north of Cascades that 90 would be really dumb but quite different than 90 just north of 17th. That's where I believe he was pulled over. South of that would be even more idiotic. Doing 90 on the interstate isn't exactly smart but it's most likely not going to get a reckless driving charge and hauled off to be processed.

Speeding is one thing. Trying to evade and/or switching seats is another level of dumb. That hints at him knowing he was wrong and trying to get out of it. Was he on super secret double probation and knew he couldn't get in trouble again?

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Should have Fife been kicked off the team when he was arrested as a player?

Probably, depending on the circumstances; however, that was probably his first and only offense.  This is X’s 2nd offense with the team and it is a whooper, IMO.  What’s next, gets arrested for being a drug runner or robbing a bank.  Yes, I am over-exaggerating. But a trend is a trend and you have to draw a line somewhere, no matter how good the player is.  This is about shaping a culture, this will no doubt will.

2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Right, there are areas on Old 37 north of Cascades that 90 would be really dumb but quite different than 90 just north of 17th. That's where I believe he was pulled over. South of that would be even more idiotic. Doing 90 on the interstate isn't exactly smart but it's most likely not going to get a reckless driving charge and hauled off to be processed.

Speeding is one thing. Trying to evade and/or switching seats is another level of dumb. That hints at him knowing he was wrong and trying to get out of it. Was he on super secret double probation and knew he couldn't get in trouble again?

He does have a ticket pending for doing 91 on I69 back in October. I just got back from Sam's, I hit 80 without realizing it in my truck. But I am firmly in the opinion that 90 should never be hit on any part of Walnut. I'm not sure I believe anyone hit 90 mph though. 

5 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Maybe so.

The outcome will likely reveal exactly this.

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

He does have a ticket pending for doing 91 on I69 back in October. I just got back from Sam's, I hit 80 without realizing it in my truck. But I am firmly in the opinion that 90 should never be hit on any part of Walnut. I'm not sure I believe anyone hit 90 mph though. 

Fun, I'm guessing it might be a little more difficult to get out of that ticket now. It's quite easy to speed but quite another to get up to a speed that results in reckless driving (i.e. you know you're going that fast). I'm guessing the speed limit through there is 35-40, 65+ would be reckless driving.

I can't really throw rocks from my glass house when it comes to speeding. I've been pulled over for some stupid ish through that same area. What happened after the lights came on was quite different. You just have to be smarter regardless of how fast you were going.

10 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Maybe so.

The outcome will likely reveal exactly this.

This is where I am as well. I imagine he is only dismissed if he was on some zero tolerance policy with Woodson. 

29 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The fact that it's a nice round number makes me believe it may be an estimate and not a radar. But who knows (which is kind of the point)

11 hours ago, Old Friend said:

I'm not here much anymore, so I couldn't care less if this is popular or not.

You can have the transfer portal.  I've seen enough.  Stewart's trouble and it seems to find him on a regular basis. 

Durr lasted a single season before he bolted.

Johnson makes really bad decisions (which are consistently tolerated) on the floor, and apparently dumber ones off of it.    He was suspended 7 weeks ago.  Didn't learn a thing.  Obviously has no respect for the program, his coaches, or his team mates.  He displayed horrible character trying to change seats with the other kid.

Regarding Woodson's marijuana episode, the ones who admitted to it stayed.  The ones who lied were kicked off.  Johnson essentially tried to lie to a cop.   I see some here saying "he needs some parenting/coaching," etc.  From who?  Woodson?  He clearly doesn't respect Woodson.  Or the kid he tried to throw under the bus.  This isn't a simple "mistake."  I also see here some telling others to stop playing judge and jury....but to those with that stance?  The facts are out.  He was driving 90 MPH on Walnut.  What if he'd hit someone a la Henry Ruggs?   He then tried to evade police and THEN switched seats with another kid trying to cover his a$$.   No.  This is not a "mistake."  It's another error judgement, this time far more dangerous.  It's a disrespectful act toward law enforcement and toward his team.  Nobody's playing judge and jury.  Facts are facts and this will never go to "court."  Xavier will not have his "day" in court.  He was driving 90 MPH on Walnut and evaded police while throwing another kid under the bus.  And "trouble" was in the back seat.  Those facts have been substantively accepted and people are very much allowed to opine on them without the "we live in an innocent until proven guilty" country.  Yes we do.  But if you think this is some Perry Mason TV show where Johnson can get off with a slick lawyer and via technicality, stop watching cop shows.  He IS guilty.

I have seen the race card played.  You know...racist cops who somehow were supposed to know (in the dark and a black car) that the driver was an African American man.  Nope.  That's not the case, either.   No.  This is a kid who's been a loose cannon since he got here,.  Yes he helped win a few basketball games.   He also helped lose a few with bad decisions, and he's proving that's just who he is.  Some can make excuses for him. You can say "give him a break.  He's just a kid who made a mistake."   He played that hand in Chicago.  Not this time.  He needs to go, and I don't care one bit if Indiana loses a few games because of it.  I care far more about the culture of the program and the long term.  When you're a college athlete on a scholarship, the expectations placed on you, and the responsibility given you are far greater than normal college kids.  Some "kid." This cat's 22 1/2 years old.  

Nobody should cover for, apologize for, or excuse this.  He was arrested. 7 weeks after he was suspended.  He tried to run from it.  Tried to let another kid take the bullet for him.  Learned not one thing from his suspension.  Indiana is either a blue blood program or we're just another garbage team that tolerates garbage behavior and allows kids to disrespect the uniform they wear time and time again.   Someone else can have the transfer portal.  And someone else can have Xavier Johnson.  I'm sure Woodson will bring him back and cite Knight's doing so for him.  That's predictable.  But in 2 weeks, Woodson has lost by 30 in the round of 64, lost 4 players and 2 coaches....meanwhile throwing one of THOSE under the bus.  It seems to run in the family. 

If I'm Scott Dolson, I'm thinking long and hard about "institutional control," and calling Mike Woodson on the carpet immediately.

Have at me.  I know it's coming.  Maybe I said what some think.  But I know some will vehemently disagree, and to those I'll point to 22 years of tolerating crap from this program and what do we have to show for it?

Some of this I agree with, other things I don’t.  But the 22 1/2 thing is spot on.  At some point the age thing becomes irrelevant.  He’s had his license for 6 years.  

30 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Fun, I'm guessing it might be a little more difficult to get out of that ticket now. It's quite easy to speed but quite another to get up to a speed that results in reckless driving (i.e. you know you're going that fast). I'm guessing the speed limit through there is 35-40, 65+ would be reckless driving.

I can't really throw rocks from my glass house when it comes to speeding. I've been pulled over for some stupid ish through that same area. What happened after the lights came on was quite different. You just have to be smarter regardless of how fast you were going.

And typically if you reasonably close to being 25 mph over, they don’t charge you reckless driving.  Maybe he wouldn’t have been given that charge in the first place if he hadn’t run a stop sign and then tried to switch seats.  

13 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Some of this I agree with, other things I don’t.  But the 22 1/2 thing is spot on.  At some point the age thing becomes irrelevant.  He’s had his license for 6 years.  

You guys would hate me then, I got my DUI in my late 20's. It took me a long time to mature. My wife says I still haven't in my 40's