Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

1 minute ago, Capt. Crimson said:

WRTV article had names printed earlier but have since removed. Supposedly Stewart was #3 who didn’t move spots in the car. It was someone else who tried to switch spots with him. 

Yes that article said the kid was something like Lou Marrioti or something like that.

You can absolutely reach 90 on N Walnut and they probably ducked into the apartments up near the Hampton (?).

This would be a perfect excuse to have X shadow Woody for the next 5 months or so. It would be an absolute pain for both Woody and X but it could be fruitful for both. X being under a lot of supervision to mature and for Woody to possibly regain trust in X.

People do stoooopid things, especially at that age. You try mature out of it without killing or injuring anyone. It takes some longer than others. X is struggling with this transition and some strict guidance is much needed.

The bigger question is why does this keep happening? That’s what needs to be addressed yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

43 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Yes. 

These guys are not numbers on the (very useful!) ITH scholarship number spreadsheet. This is real human stuff. 

that said, if you don’t want to be treated like a number in the program, don’t do things to make yourself replaceable or worth the time.  I love X, but it’s not like he hasn’t had a second or third chance already.  He quit at Pitt.

I don’t know if he’ll be back or not, but as a coach I wouldn’t be confident in him getting through next year without incident(s).

1 hour ago, Capt. Crimson said:

WRTV article had names printed earlier but have since removed. Supposedly Stewart was #3 who didn’t move spots in the car. It was someone else who tried to switch spots with him. 

Yeah.  According to the article, Parker just refused to tell who was driving.   

Question for the board...IF Xavier gets dismissed from the team (I don't think he does but it wouldn't surprise me) does that open the door for Phinisee to maybe want to come back? Personally would rather go through the portal route IF this happened. 

I think they can arrest for being over by a certain number of miles per hour but typically do not.  That s at is, and someone can correct me if I am, I think you can lose your license for reckless driving.
I don't know if the laws have changed but in about 85 it was anything more than 25 over you went to jail. Had a cop stop me for 82 in a 45 north of Terre Haute. He marked it down to 70 so I wouldn't be arrested. On a side note, I can still remember the smell of the grass burning on the exhaust as I sat beside the road lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BtownBanners mobile app

11 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Not the biggest fan of these guys but the Hysterics had an interesting thing on Twitter with someone who I guess saw this happen. Anyone else listen to it? 

Yep. The person talking was a former IU athlete who is close to the current team. Sounds like there may be more to the story that would potentially aid in understanding why X was driving so fast. (Still dangerous and X could have done things better.) Don't know if any of it's true, but this made it sound like X was trying to get away from trouble that presented itself in another car. 

5 hours ago, NOLA Hoosier said:

I “ran a stop sign” once…all it meant to the cop was I didn’t come to a complete stop. One time I “forefeited my lane.” That meant I had out of state plates and they wanted to search my car. Once I “refused to stop.” That meant I didn’t want to pull over on a busy street so I looked for a safer place to stop. 

Yep, not buying it. 

Good points every one. I've had similar things happen to me. I respect and appreciate our law enforcement officers, but they occasionally over react and do things that make no sense. No idea what happened in this instance but we need to know all of the details.