Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

X  has got to be the stupidest human alive.  He takes a speeding ticket (do they arrest you in Indiana for x mph over?) and turns into to resisting arrest and a night in jail with his shenanigans.  I am on record taking shots at his "leadership" but don't necessarily think this is a dismissable offense.  A lot would depend on the context.  On the positive side, it doesn't appear alcohol/drugs where involved.  On the negative, this isn't his first rodeo.  I guess we'll see.  

23 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

This would be incredibly stupid on his part if it was his 1st incident, but it's his 2nd that we know of and it's considerably worse than breaking curfew.  At some point it's not longer a stupid mistake and a message needs sent.

Shooting more?  That's not a punishment, the whole team should be doing that anyway as bad as we were.

Personally, if I was a parent of a recruit I'd have a bigger problem if he just got a slap on the wrist.

Blah blah blah this story will be forgot about within a month like the other schools who have dealt with it. Youre acting like this is the most major deal in the entire world when its not. 

Just now, Golfman25 said:

X  has got to be the stupidest human alive.  He takes a speeding ticket (do they arrest you in Indiana for x mph over?) and turns into to resisting arrest and a night in jail with his shenanigans.  I am on record taking shots at his "leadership" but don't necessarily think this is a dismissable offense.  A lot would depend on the context.  On the positive side, it doesn't appear alcohol/drugs where involved.  On the negative, this isn't his first rodeo.  I guess we'll see.  

Bad take. He is about to have a degree which is something alot of people cant say. Im sure you wouldnt want to be labeled as stupid for some of the choices youve made in the past. He made a bad decision & thats all it is. I think degrading your own team is bad taste. Degrade the actions not the 22 year old. 

32 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I think they can arrest for being over by a certain number of miles per hour but typically do not.  That s at is, and someone can correct me if I am, I think you can lose your license for reckless driving.

Just in case anyone is thinking otherwise, I can't see this happening on the "city" part of N Walnut. At least per Google Maps, North Walnut is still named that all the way out to I-69. Once you get beyond the last gas station, heading North out of town, that road becomes quite rural quite fast. So, I don't see this being _as_ alarming as doing 90 in front of Sports or something.

Disclaimer : I was a passenger in a Mitsubishi 3000gt that was doing around 120ph on that same stretch in 1999. We were headed North, merging onto 37.

46 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Blah blah blah this story will be forgot about within a month like the other schools who have dealt with it. Youre acting like this is the most major deal in the entire world when its not. 

No, there are worse things; he didn't murder someone or run over a teammate.  I'm not going to act like it's a run of the mill speeding ticket or not as bad as breaking curfew though, because it is worse than that especially being his second incident that we know of.  2nd strike should require a harsher punishment, I'm crazy like that.

I wouldn't want my son to play for a coach that would look at this and say just run a little or shoot extra free throws when the same player had already been suspended.

2 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

No, there are worse things; he didn't murder someone or run over a teammate.  I'm not going to act like it's a run of the mill speeding ticket or not as bad as breaking curfew though, because it is worse than that especially being his second incident that we know of.  2nd strike should require a harsher punishment, I'm crazy like that.

I wouldn't want my son to play for a coach that would look at this and say just run a little or shoot extra free throws when the same player had already been suspended.

Good thing were not going after your son then lol - hell probably get suspended a few games. Which is fine

55 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

Blah blah blah this story will be forgot about within a month like the other schools who have dealt with it. 

If I remember correctly there's kind of a big college basketball game tomorrow night so it could be mostly forgotten in 48 hours.  And in the world we live today, it will definitely be history within a month.

19 minutes ago, raorIU said:

Just in case anyone is thinking otherwise, I can't see this happening on the "city" part of N Walnut. At least per Google Maps, North Walnut is still named that all the way out to I-69. Once you get beyond the last gas station, heading North out of town, that road becomes quite rural quite fast. So, I don't see this being _as_ alarming as doing 90 in front of Sports or something.

Disclaimer : I was a passenger in a Mitsubishi 3000gt that was doing around 120ph on that same stretch in 1999. We were headed North, merging onto 37.

yeah i'd like to know the where. I'm in Texas, we hit 90 all the time (i know apples and oranges but still)

26 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

If I were the coach, I wouldn’t want him back! It seems like he’s more trouble than what he’s worth! The only issue, TJD could have been leaning towards coming back because he and X were clicking together at the end of the year. If X is let go, TJD won’t be back, IMO!

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Anyone remember when Dane Fife was arrested? But we want him to be our coach. I don’t remember him being kicked off. Neither was Pat Knight, Tom Coverdale or anyone else. Now driving 90 on Walnut at 3am is dumb as it gets. Might as well have neon lights flashing saying Idiot driving. But I don’t think he’ll be dismissed.

RMK did kick off players as well.  The incident in Hawaii where Woodson and others were caught with marijuana , he kicked off two or three players.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

RMK did kick off players as well.  The incident in Hawaii where Woodson and others were caught with marijuana , he kicked off two or three players.

Yeah Sherron Wilkerson too but in his case he put his hands on a woman. Yeah he did but I just don’t think this warrants it IMO 

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Anyone remember when Dane Fife was arrested? But we want him to be our coach. I don’t remember him being kicked off. Neither was Pat Knight, Tom Coverdale or anyone else. Now driving 90 on Walnut at 3am is dumb as it gets. Might as well have neon lights flashing saying Idiot driving. But I don’t think he’ll be dismissed.

A little common sense!