Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Lol… not to Honkyman!!

For the record, I do not think that either Honkyman or brumdog have made any idiotic statements!

Me? Occasionally.  :)

No, I just think statements of opinion stated as “fact” aren’t the right route to go.  It’s why I said I think X will be dismissed unlike H-man’s statement that my “wisdom” (which was never stated more than an opinion) wouldn’t be found out because it wasn’t going to happen.

3 minutes ago, jk34 said:

Woodson has been through the full circle of basketball, from player to coach. Most importantly, he's help raise good children. I may not agree with every game decision he makes, but he is a man of integrity, and I'll trust his personnel decisions. 

Ultimately, this is my summary takeaway.

Leadership matters, and this program is being led by Mike Woodson, a man of character who I trust.

I “ran a stop sign” once…all it meant to the cop was I didn’t come to a complete stop. One time I “forefeited my lane.” That meant I had out of state plates and they wanted to search my car. Once I “refused to stop.” That meant I didn’t want to pull over on a busy street so I looked for a safer place to stop. 

Yep, not buying it. 

22 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Stuhoo had suggested I say this is an idiotic statement.

That's why I love this forum. We're all idiots on this bus.

BTW, the reason I don't think Xavier will be dismissed is he is a standup guy (goes to school classrooms and talks to kids). I think if he sees Coach Woodson struggling with what to do, he'll just put his name in the transfer portal and be gone. I don't believe this case will wind up anything worse than a fine for excessive speeding. But I don't think Xavier will put Woodson through anguish about it. He'll just move on.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

That, and likely not immediately pulling over when he was lit up.

And that is a completely legit charge if accurate.

But again.. there are levels. 

18 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Lost in all of this is we are trying to determine if he could have been going 90 mph in a Dodge Charger when the same questions wouldn’t have been asked about Duke’s Lamborghinis.

I thought it was Kansas and Lambos? Love it how they have only gotten better since the NCAA called them cheaters

This would be incredibly stupid on his part if it was his 1st incident, but it's his 2nd that we know of and it's considerably worse than breaking curfew.  At some point it's not longer a stupid mistake and a message needs sent.

Shooting more?  That's not a punishment, the whole team should be doing that anyway as bad as we were.

Personally, if I was a parent of a recruit I'd have a bigger problem if he just got a slap on the wrist.

Just now, MikeRoberts said:

I thought it was Kansas and Lambos? Love it how they have only gotten better since the NCAA called them cheaters

They are doing this with lower level recruits by Kansas standards. Lol.  It was all a blessing in disguise for them to tamp down the cheating just a little bit. 

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

They are doing this with lower level recruits by Kansas standards. Lol.  It was all a blessing in disguise for them to tamp down the cheating just a little bit. 

However next year “NiL” has them back on the map again.  Cheating can resume and they have 4 guys in the top 50 after 2-3 years of “down” recruiting.