Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

If he was going 90 on Walnut, where was his head at?  Because it definitely wasn't in the car.
That is the other point that gets ignored but shouldn't. We were all young and did stupid things but a family coming home and gets hit by him at 90 and we're talking about a entire different situation. That's why you can't just laugh this off as nothing. A message needs sent not to mention the bad publicity for iu if a player killed a family while speeding at ridiculous mph

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

LOL.

That is by definition reckless driving.... 

He just is lucky it didn't end up a lot worse than it did.  Could have ended like the WR for the Raiders and actually killed someone.  Also going 50 over the speed limit should be more than reckless driving.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

It is sad to this old IU fan that I see our fan base cares more about winning  than the integrity of the program.  It is just all about winning and not caring about who represents this program.

IU players have been doing dumb and bad things since the beginning of time. Your ignorance of that is on you or you just never cared either

20 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

That is the other point that gets ignored but shouldn't. We were all young and did stupid things but a family coming home and gets hit by him at 90 and we're talking about a entire different situation. That's why you can't just laugh this off as nothing. A message needs sent not to mention the bad publicity for iu if a player killed a family while speeding at ridiculous mph

At some point it stops being just a "dumb mistake".  The line should be somewhere before running over a teammate 90 would be reckless on the highway.  Then he tried to switch seats which just compounds it IMO.  

16 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

It is sad to this old IU fan that I see our fan base cares more about winning  than the integrity of the program.  It is just all about winning and not caring about who represents this program

Getting caught speeding has nothing to do with the integrity of the program. And the success of the program next year will not be measurably different whether Xavier stays or not. Some of the comments on this issue have been ridiculous.

I wonder how much influence Dolson & the university administration will have on any punishment.  Curfew violation punishment would likely be solely a coaches decision, but when it involves bad publicity like this, it may bring more "input" than just what Mike Woodson decides.

1 minute ago, pumpfake said:

I wonder how much influence Dolson & the university administration will have on any punishment.  Curfew violation punishment would likely be solely a coaches decision, but when it involves bad publicity like this, it may bring more "input" than just what Mike Woodson decides.

I think itd be worse publicity to let him go because of this incident. 

3 hours ago, mamasa said:

I’ve said it before and will continue to say it- thank God that the internet wasn’t around in the glory days of IU. The players did so many “bad things” than anyone could imagine. It was not available to the public. I’m a big believer in getting all the information and keeping things in perspective.

And when people did find out about it, it was usually either a brief segment on the local news or a story in the newspaper the next day. People would talk about it for a day or two and then move on. Enter the 24 hour news cycle and fan forums and here we are. 

2 hours ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Lol man we’re talking about a reckless driving arrest. He’s not Aaron Hernandez. Do you think Kansas or North Carolina would dismiss their best point guard for a reckless driving charge? Cmon.

Normal kid, no thought of kicking him off. But I think some of these people want to see IU win so bad, that they overlook his actions. He is a ticking time bomb ready to explode. Several incidents that could have quickly got out of hand. Out of what I have seen, an even more aggressive instigator than Ron Artest was about 2 years before the big brawl. Between that and off-court issues it would not be crazy for a lot to think he should be gone. Even though Woodson has improved the on-court performance to an extent, this is still one big clown show!!!

The hits keep coming, we just can't get out of our own way for whatever reason(s).

As I've previously stated, I highly doubt the NW incident was the first for that group. I get that kids will be kids but when will enough be enough. Repeatedly doing dumb things is a big middle finger to those you're responsible to, that includes yourself.

12 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

The hits keep coming, we just can't get out of our own way for whatever reason(s).

As I've previously stated, I highly doubt the NW incident was the first for that group. I get that kids will be kids but when will enough be enough. Repeatedly doing dumb things is a big middle finger to those you're responsible to, that includes yourself.

You raise an interesting point:

If the NW incident resulted in a suspension because it was not the first offense, then this incident takes on a whole new level of gravity.

24 minutes ago, Trish said:

Woodson should probably dismiss Johnson after that. He endangered himself and others. 3AM there’s still kids walking on Walnut. 

He already messed up earlier this season. 

Keep that same energy if he does go and our record next season isnt what you want it to be because of his absence. People have done way worse and stayed at said program and flourish. 

1 hour ago, coonhounds said:

No one - not anyone - is “laughing it off” - straw men asude, the conversation is over the immediate knee jerk kick him off the team posts. 

In the end, I expect he's gone. 

My personal opinion (which counts for nothing, I know) is that I get sick of the 'made a mistake' line.  It blurs the line between things being 'accidental mistakes' and being 'stupid judgement'.  There wasn't any accidental mistake here and there were several bad decisions in a row made.

In the current state of college basketball with the number of players transferring, it's less risky to dismiss a player anyway.  Guys are out there.