Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't care what those programs do because IU should have higher standards than those programs do.

Your “high standards” are unrealistic and would lead to a team/coach that no star players would want to play for. Young men are going to make mistakes. If it’s a serious enough mistake, sure, show them the door. Certainly. This isn’t that. If we used your standards, Yogi would’ve been dismissed from the team when he tried getting into Kilroys with a fake ID during Little 5. 

It depends what comes out of this situation but this will be his second problem in a year.
I understand that. I would just rather see the mentality that we should continue to develop the person instead of dumping him because our program is "too high of moral ground" to keep someone...even if they continue to make mistakes.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, mbredenk101 said:

I understand that. I would just rather see the mentality that we should continue to develop the person instead of dumping him because our program is "too high of moral ground" to keep someone...even if they continue to make mistakes.

I think you show young men grace and try to mold them. But at what point do you decide they “aren’t getting it”? 

I don’t know for sure this is the case with X. Only Woody does. The optics aren’t good. And unfortunately with social media, everything is magnified like never before. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

No idea what the incident report will say, but let me add this info to the knowledge-set:

”Resisting With Violence” is a relatively serious charge.

”Resisting Without Violence” can be complete and utter bullsh!t, and at times can consist of someone telling the officer that it was bullsh!t that the stop was made. 

I don’t know the facts yet and haven read through the thread but you’re absolutely right and there’s no reason to call for throwing a player off a team without even knowing what actually happened, no word of alcohol or drugs, no assault on an officer charge, cops throw out charges like candy, wait until the actual facts are in bf knee jerk kicking a player to the curb

I think you show young men grace and try to mold them. But at what point do you decide they “aren’t getting it”? 

I don’t know for sure this is the case with X. Only Woody does. The optics aren’t good. And unfortunately with social media, everything is magnified like never before. 
I think you support and grow your teammates, co-workers, subordinates, etc. until they give large enough reason to where you can't. It's scary that some react as though this is a no-brainer with respect to getting rid of him. I'm not saying that turning a blind eye is what should be done....but geez, people need to show a little perspective.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I don't care what those programs do because IU should have higher standards than those programs do.

My goodness… your moral superiority complex is insufferable. If we kick X off the team for this then we deserve to suck for decades more. 

I knew enough about the players from my time their in the late 80's early 90's to know the difference isn't in the players, but more the program and leadership doesn't carry the same gravitas to make the local cops treat these minor infractions more discretely. BK would have known about this situation but the public never would have.

I guarantee the resisting arrest charge will be dropped. And, if there is no objective proof of the speeding, i.e., radar, that could be dropped, too. In any event, Xavier will not be dismissed from the program for speeding even with the curfew violation from last season. It would not surprise me if Xavier disputed the speeding charge prompting the arresting officer to slap him with excessive speeding and resisting arrest. Sadly, this kind of thing happens too often. It happened to me and I'm a lawyer. Of course, I got the whole thing dismissed and a letter of apology probably because they feared I would sue them for false arrest. Woodson is no stranger to player misbehavior given the marijuana issue  when he was on the team. Knight dismissed only those who lied to him allowing the rest of potheads to remain on the team.