Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

FWIW  at least in my Indiana county, the charges would have referenced alcohol and the refusual for breathalyzer/blood test.
Yes I believe our paper says that as well. Hopefully that is the case here cause he won't need much more problems if he wants to stay at iu. Woody is going to feel pressure cause his kids are looking irresponsible I bet

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Lol.  Good grief.  Can we get a straight up trade for Pack.  

IU doing IU things.  

*dumb college kids who’s brains haven’t fully developed doing dumb college kids things

fixed it for you

10 minutes ago, Blackmon_for_3 said:

Wreckless driving could simply mean speeding. Say 55 in a 25 would be considered 30 mph over and reckless driving. Devil is in the details, the resisting arrest could mean a whole lot of things. I’ll wait until more information is available. 

Resisting law enforcement not resisting arrest 

11 minutes ago, hoosierfan84 said:

Yes, actually you do. Heaven forbid you actually require these kids to grow up and be responsible. Stupidity costs, they need to learn these lessons now.

This is also his second incident since he's been here, this one landing him in jail as opposed to just sitting a game.

No alcohol is good. Don't know the facts, but it could be excessive speeding and then trying to talk his way out of it when he should have kept quiet. My bet is he pays a fine and that's it. I doubt it means any worse than a game suspension.

1 minute ago, Honkyman said:

No alcohol is good. Don't know the facts, but it could be excessive speeding and then trying to talk his way out of it when he should have kept quiet. My bet is he pays a fine and that's it. I doubt it means any worse than a game suspension.

In a vacuum, maybe, from the program'w perspective.  For his second incident, this one actually resulting in arrest, it should be worse.

Just now, JSHoosier said:

In a vacuum, maybe, from the program'w perspective.  For his second incident, this one actually resulting in arrest, it should be worse.

Depends what the first time was all about, which I don’t believe there is any clarity about still 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You don’t kick one of your best players off the team for reckless driving and resisting arrest. We’re not talking about rape, armed robbery, DV, etc.  He made a dumb decision, assuming the allegations are true, whatever those allegations are. 

This is is his second strike with his suspension this year to go along of quitting his team last year. If it were me he would be looking for a new place to play.

2 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Curfew violation is worse than this from a program standpoint. As a lawyer who has seen a bunch of these before, with no alcohol or drugs, I predict the resisting arrest will be dropped and Xavier will pay a fine for a speeding violation. Most everyone gets a speeding ticket at some point. Again, the facts are unclear. But my experience is generally cops are overly sensitive when they pull over a driver who then tries to engage in any discussion. They consider any attempt to discuss the matter as resisting law enforcement. Woodson will tell Xavier it is his last chance but won't announce that publicly. And, life will go on no matter how alarmist people who talk about the incident become.

Looking at it in a vacuum, perhaps.  It's not.  From the program perspective it's his second strike, and one that actually landed him in jail.  Call me crazy, strike 2 should be a harsher punishment than strike 1.