Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

DoctorP

Xavier Arrested...

OK I may have over reacted and definitely did since I don't have facts. Maybe he was just speeding or doing a burnout and tried for a moment to lose the cops and that is where they got resisting? That I can be ok with. If he is physically resisting arrest like wrestling with cops or actually trying to lose them in a high speed prolonged chase then I will still be against this and he should be kicked off. I will wait and see. I apologize just hate this stuff

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

OK I may have over reacted and definitely did since I don't have facts. Maybe he was just speeding or doing a burnout a d tried for a moment to lose the cops a d that is where they got resisting? That I can be ok with. If he is physically resisting arrest like wrestling with cops or actually trying to lose them in a high speed prolonged chase then I will still be against this and he should be kicked off. I will wait and see. I apologize just hate this stuff

All good coonhounds, and it still may be a bad incident.

But I have experience with these issues. Sometimes the arrestee is solely at fault.

But the officers usually bring the charges available, and they did not arrest for DUI or Resisting With Violence. Which makes me very curious about what actually happened.

Because the charges they filed are telling.

4 minutes ago, IU_FanClub said:

Sounds like he was speeding and tried to switch seats with someone when he got pulled over which is where the resisting came from. This is nothing. 

Well that would do it!

That would explain the charges filed AND would justify the add on charge without this being a terrible problem.

All good coonhounds, and it still may be a bad incident.
But I have experience with these issues. Sometimes the arrestee is solely at fault.
But the officers usually bring the charges available, and they did not arrest for DUI or Resisting With Violence. Which makes me very curious about what actually happened.
Because the charges they filed are telling.

I only have experience from friends and people I have known but I will bet he got pulled over and the resisting is not permitting a breathalyzer or blood test which is resisting. Just what I would bet on

Just now, coonhounds said:

I only have experience from friends and people I have known but I will bet he got pulled over and the resisting is not permitting a breathalyzer or blood test which is resisting. Just what I would bet on

Also possible!

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

In those cases can’t they force you to do a sobriety test in the building?

2 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

FWIW  at least in my Indiana county, the charges would have referenced alcohol and the refusual for breathalyzer/blood test.

Just now, BeerBQ said:

Depends on the State statute.

Someone may know whether they can take blood in Indiana—in many states they can.

No I have known people who have refused. You get your license automatically stripped for 1 year plus the additional resisting arrest charge but avoid the dui. It's worse if you like your license and don't want extra jail time and fines then a dui

30 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

You don’t kick one of your best players off the team for reckless driving and resisting arrest. We’re not talking about rape, armed robbery, DV, etc.  He made a dumb decision, assuming the allegations are true, whatever those allegations are. 

Yes, actually you do. Heaven forbid you actually require these kids to grow up and be responsible. Stupidity costs, they need to learn these lessons now.