Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PF Arrinten Page to USC

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

It’s a new rule change around a year ago. You used to not be able to send personalized videos to kids, but you can now. Personalized graphics and photos were fair game, but for some reason videos weren’t. First I’ve seen the basketball program use it since the rule changed though. 

Wow, that was a pretty fine distinction being drawn. I like the change. Cool little video.

44 minutes ago, Demo said:

Elongated highlight real from Page’s travel season. I like this one because it shows some of his warts rather than just dunking on people. Reminder: Page is a year young for his class. 

I don't love that, especially for a big man. 

Has anyone heard a timeline for his announcement. Over the weekend a couple of AAU guys I know said they were hearing before his high school season starts and another had heard mid to end of Sept, which fits and is more detailed. Otherwise not hearing anything on this one. I think we are good but I was pretty confident about Kaiser 

8 hours ago, Billingsley said:

Has anyone heard a timeline for his announcement. Over the weekend a couple of AAU guys I know said they were hearing before his high school season starts and another had heard mid to end of Sept, which fits and is more detailed. Otherwise not hearing anything on this one. I think we are good but I was pretty confident about Kaiser 

Clearly the longer this takes the more murky the outlook becomes.

Doesn’t mean we’re in a bad spot and it’s not based on any specific info; just that a commitment date closer to the IU visit would have been an immediate good sign.

2 hours ago, Billingsley said:

Hearing Miami did not blow him away, another guy told me that IU has a verbal and Page should be announcing anytime. Take it for what it's worth. This guy has not steered me wrong and does not give out much unless he feels GREAT about it

So Miami didn't offer him $400,000 a year

Is there anything more frustrating than following recruiting and not knowing all of the things in play that lead to one decision or another. It's certainly no longer about playing for a favorite school or coach. So many other factors are in play. And, more and more, it seems that financial considerations are the factor that tips the scale.

4 minutes ago, cthomas said:

Is there anything more frustrating than following recruiting and not knowing all of the things in play that lead to one decision or another. It's certainly no longer about playing for a favorite school or coach. So many other factors are in play. And, more and more, it seems that financial considerations are the factor that tips the scale.

Just out in the open now.  Been like this for a long time behind the scenes for top 100+ players. That’s what makes recruiting more frustrating is when you have been losing recruits for decades because you are getting “out offered”. 

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Just out in the open now.  Been like this for a long time behind the scenes for top 100+ players. That’s what makes recruiting more frustrating is when you have been losing recruits for decades because you are getting “out offered”. 

Been saying this for years, particularly as it has placed schools like IU — who do not play under the table — at a disadvantage to schools like UK, KU etc— who do. 

Which is another reason why NIL (though it really needs regulation) is a good thing

Been saying this for years, particularly as it has placed schools like IU — who do not play under the table — at a disadvantage to schools like UK, KU etc— who do. 

Which is another reason why NIL (though it really needs regulation) is a good thing

But IU has attempted to play that game for years, unsuccessfully for the most part. Romeo didn’t pick IU because we were his favorite. There were others too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app