Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PF Arrinten Page to USC

1 hour ago, HoosierAloha said:

But IU has attempted to play that game for years, unsuccessfully for the most part. Romeo didn’t pick IU because we were his favorite. There were others too.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Adidas took care of the Langford’s. We just happened to be an Adidas school. 

9 minutes ago, Josh said:

Romeo got *over*paaaiiidddd

Man, I’m a huge Romeo fan. He completely performed his one year here. And it’s difficult to quantify what the non-court related value was. The kid was HUGE. He paved the way for TJD to come. He was a spark to Archie’s hire. And I’m guessing he didn’t get near what guys of his talent are paid now. 

35 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

Man, I’m a huge Romeo fan. He completely performed his one year here. And it’s difficult to quantify what the non-court related value was. The kid was HUGE. He paved the way for TJD to come. He was a spark to Archie’s hire. And I’m guessing he didn’t get near what guys of his talent are paid now. 

Amen

1 hour ago, Stromboli said:

He was a good scorer and a decent ball handler.  I didn't care for anything else really.

Upstage him Arrinten Page!

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

No one has ever gotten paid by the university itself lol we all know that. 

Yep, it’s usually friends of the program, shoe companies, agents etc. it’s not like UK and Duke nor IU for that matter were putting families on the payroll.

the point that some refuse to accept is that Crean and other IU coaches were more than happy to allow Adidas and others to serve up recruits on a silver platter.

IU has played in the dirt for a long time, we just tried to stay dusty instead of filthy and for what I’m not sure 

4 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

No one has ever gotten paid by the university itself lol we all know that. 

The difference between what Self does - KU, and Adidas for Romeo is night and day. You’re not really putting IU in that camp come on now.
The U that self reports itself into oblivion vs KU- Self getting players for cash, Cal leaving 2 programs with forfeited seasons, and on to UK, the most sanctioned team ever, we’re not really having this convo are we? IU is as clean as it gets 

9 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

The difference between what Self does - KU, and Adidas for Romeo is night and day. You’re not really putting IU in that camp come on now.
The U that self reports itself into oblivion vs KU- Self getting players for cash, Cal leaving 2 programs with forfeited seasons, and on to UK, the most sanctioned team ever, we’re not really having this convo are we? IU is as clean as it gets 

You’re having a convo that I never started. You said Romeo didn’t get paid by IU. A friend of the program outside of Adidas absolutely dropped the bag. Not sure what the rest of your post is talking about tbh. I never made any of those comparisons. 

This is definitely not about Arrinten Page though so I’ll step out. 

8 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

You’re having a convo that I never started. You said Romeo didn’t get paid by IU. A friend of the program outside of Adidas absolutely dropped the bag. Not sure what the rest of your post is talking about tbh. I never made any of those comparisons. 

This is definitely not about Arrinten Page though so I’ll step out. 

You responded to my post that IU doesn’t play under the table and has been at a disadvantage to schools like KU and UK who do, by saying Romeo got paid. So that kind of surprised me. I don’t know the full Romeo story, and don’t like even a remote connection but my point was iU hasn’t played under the table - as in recruiting violations, and it hasn’t. If my post sounded snarky wasn’t my intent. 
Just seems like some want to think others are naïve, that IU has recruited dirty too, and it’s apples and oranges. So back to Page

1 hour ago, HoosierHoopster said:

You responded to my post that IU doesn’t play under the table and has been at a disadvantage to schools like KU and UK who do, by saying Romeo got paid. So that kind of surprised me. I don’t know the full Romeo story, and don’t like even a remote connection but my point was iU hasn’t played under the table - as in recruiting violations, and it hasn’t. If my post sounded snarky wasn’t my intent. 
Just seems like some want to think others are naïve, that IU has recruited dirty too, and it’s apples and oranges. So back to Page

But IU has. There are multiple examples. We would never have landed Vonleh, Bryant, Romeo 

12 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

But IU has. There are multiple examples. We would never have landed Vonleh, Bryant, Romeo 

No there aren’t. Why you need to reach to pretend IU is like a KU is beyond me. No infractions, no actual charges, no investigations since Sampson’s phone gate and IU’s self-destruction of the program.

No one here is naïve, of course IU like any other major program, is going to push the envelope where possible— that’s what Compliance is for, but no we haven’t paid recruits under the table etc. And now I’m out of this