Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PF Arrinten Page to USC

7 hours ago, JustWinWoody said:

So is it Edgerrin Jizzle James Jr?  

Jizzle is a nickname like Yogi. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/college/2022/07/21/edgerrin-james-jr-2022-nike-peach-jam-unc-nike-college-basketball-recruiting

It's interesting that after Kaiser's visit there was a flurry of interviews with either him or his father. The young man also posted pics from his visit on IG. 

However, I've not seen one post-visit article on Page's visit, nor has he posted anything about the visit on IG. In fact the one thing he's posted recently isn't positive. 

Screenshot_20220729-084250_Instagram.jpg

Edited by ziggyiu

6 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

It's interesting that after Kaiser's visit there was a flurry of interviews with either him or his father. The young man also posted pics from his visit on IG. 

However, I've not seen one post-visit article on Page's visit, nor has he posted anything about the visit on IG. In fact the one thing he's posted recently isn't positive. 

I know that Kaiser’s visit ended before Page and DHS’s.

Gotta think the Daily Hoosier and Inside the Hall will have something up soon.

35 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

I’m sure the interviews are coming. As far as his own stuff, Page doesn’t seem to be very active with it at all.

Really got to wonder what we do for size in 23. We lose 60+ minutes in the 4-5 spot. Clearly Reneau mops up 30+ of those minutes I’d assume so, Page seemed very likely to me based on need. If it isn’t Page, and it almost for certain isn’t Booker where do we go for size next? Do we just aim at transfer portal for experienced size?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

@Stuhoo and @Demo - I'd be surprised if no interviews come from the visit, but it is a stark contrast to Kaiser's visit where he posted stuff ASAP and a sting of interviews were released after his visit very recently concluded -- like while he and his dad were still making their way home. ; )

Looking at Page's IG, he posted the photos from previous visits, so he does put his recruitment out there to some extent.  

It's just an interesting take, especially with the one post he did publish while on his visit (or very soon thereafter) being negative. 

21 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Really got to wonder what we do for size in 23. We lose 60+ minutes in the 4-5 spot. Clearly Reneau mops up 30+ of those minutes I’d assume so, Page seemed very likely to me based on need. If it isn’t Page, and it almost for certain isn’t Booker where do we go for size next? Do we just aim at transfer portal for experienced size?

Queen reclass incoming?  In general I don’t love reclasses, but we need some ready to go size.  

52 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Queen reclass incoming?  In general I don’t love reclasses, but we need some ready to go size.  

What's interesting is that Eric from the Hoosier Hysterics mentioned dipping into the transfer portal for big next spring. They are goofy, but Eric is sneaky in that he knows somethings and drops tidbits everyone in a while. 

I don't think anything is certain, but perhaps the staff is acknowledging their needs may be better met in the portal. 

Or maybe Page will commit next week. ; ) 

40 minutes ago, ziggyiu said:

What's interesting is that Eric from the Hoosier Hysterics mentioned dipping into the transfer portal for big next spring. They are goofy, but Eric is sneaky in that he knows somethings and drops tidbits everyone in a while. 

I don't think anything is certain, but perhaps the staff is acknowledging their needs may be better met in the portal. 

Or maybe Page will commit next week. ; ) 

Post-visit interview up on "The Daily Hoosier" site!

4 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Hopefully Duncomb will develop by his junior year

Adam Finkelstein on Page.

Page was held out of Peach Jam, where TSF was playing in the PIT division, but had already established himself as one of the most intriguing long-term talents up front in the EYBL. When everything is clicking, and he’s fully engaged in the game, his tools and impact can jump right out at you. There are, however, other moments when he is less active and involved with the game. In terms of his raw tools though, there is a lot to like. He has a big and strong frame that is going to continue to fill-out and get stronger. He runs the floor well, is often able to get ahead of the ball in transition, and is very coordinated in terms of his ability to finish on the move without breaking his stride. He has soft hands, a good left, and equally soft natural touch. He can be a lob threat and big roller to the rim, but also shows glimpses of long-term floor-spacing and passing potential to develop. He becomes turnover prone and inefficient when trying too hard to prove his face-up game, and doesn’t always go through contact as easily as he should given his body type, but still projects as a versatile big who should be both a pick-and-roll and pick-and-pop threat. Defensively, he has tools to protect the rim, but didn’t assert himself in that area as consistently as expected this season, and similarly rebounds in spurts right now. Page has demonstrated an accelerated rate of improvement over the course of the last year, and is young for his class, two variables that suggest his best basketball could still be far in front of him.

21 hours ago, ziggyiu said:

@Stuhoo and @Demo - I'd be surprised if no interviews come from the visit, but it is a stark contrast to Kaiser's visit where he posted stuff ASAP and a sting of interviews were released after his visit very recently concluded -- like while he and his dad were still making their way home. ; )

Looking at Page's IG, he posted the photos from previous visits, so he does put his recruitment out there to some extent.  

It's just an interesting take, especially with the one post he did publish while on his visit (or very soon thereafter) being negative. 

what was the negative post?

Tough call on this kid. He doesn't seem overly enthused about IU, but you kind of get the impression he is being more logical about his choice and trying to keep his emotions in check.

2 minutes ago, Hoosiereyedoc said:

From what I’ve heard, he is just a pretty quiet kid and doesn’t really love giving interviews. Trevor Andershock from 247 actually said Page lit up and opened up more when talking about IU’s staff compared to how he spoke about other schools and staffs. 

^^This^^

Some interviews are just plain old excellent, but some kids are shy by nature and we won't be able to tell what their intentions are after they have a ten minute phone convo with Rabby, Schumann, or Bozich.

Right now, I consider it to be a good sign that we have not started to push hard for other bigs. To me, that shows that the staff is comfortable waiting for a decision from Page, or maybe even for a Queen reclass.

If we start pushing hard for new bigs that will show that we aren't confident on Page, or at least aren't confident that Page will be making up his mind anytime soon.

1 hour ago, bigrod said:

Tough call on this kid. He doesn't seem overly enthused about IU, but you kind of get the impression he is being more logical about his choice and trying to keep his emotions in check.

I think the posts above regarding Page being more reserved than most are  true. I’m confident his visit went well. BUT, what concerns me on this one is that Page also has offers from UCLA and Cincinnati. The issue is that they’re both finalists for his high school and travel teammate Isaiah Collier, who’s become the consensus #1 ‘23 PG. They play really well together, they’re spectacular in pick and roll, and Collier is a very strong personality. Package deal talk is mostly crap, but this one has more natural ties than just a couple of kids who room together at Pangos. I like IU’s chances, but I wouldn’t bet the house on it.