Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PF Arrinten Page to USC

These boosters won't just want to keep blowing money on NIL if they don't get return on investments. Already had the QB that got a million from OSU and he never played a down for them and now is at UT. LSU had a QB get NIL and then decided to quit football.

You and I are never going to agree. My belief is the best players deserve to be paid market value. They most directly lead to winning. Winning leads to money. The university makes sickening money while the players get little (well not now, they get a lot, their capitalistic worth). You see it as cheating. I don’t see it that way at all. NIL blends with University pull and it’s hard to separate to 2 especially if you don’t want to. If universities can justify 5-10 million dollar coaching staffs and no one blinks I think the players making some fraction of that is within NIL parameters depending on how you want to justify it, because their is no legitimate way to measure any of it. At this point so long as it’s not straight from the University. Well, a blind squirrel can figure that out. This isn’t your mom and pops collegiate sports anymore and with the revenue generated, it shouldn’t be.

So let’s capitalize for once

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

These boosters won't just want to keep blowing money on NIL if they don't get return on investments. Already had the QB that got a million from OSU and he never played a down for them and now is at UT. LSU had a QB get NIL and then decided to quit football.

It’s been going on forever. People are clever with money. It won’t stop for those trying to win.

It’s been going on forever. People are clever with money. It won’t stop for those trying to win.

For example, not for profit charity, which I can’t speak on specifically but it’s an easy way to get tax deductions from gross incomes. Many on here understand this better than I do, but there’s a legitimate chance Indiana Is utilizing this exact tactic. Piece of cake. That doesn’t begin to include the plethora of others ways to generate money.

I can't tell if it's ignorance, head in the sand, or something else going on but that's whack. Wasn't there talk about the coaching staff having their NIL plan in place to present to players on their visits...? I'm sure if Indiana is doing it then it's okay.

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So those are NIL rules that the NCAA will enforce?  LOL LOL LOL LOL

The same NCAA that recently brought us a basketball national championship game featuring:

Kansas (a program in which coaches were taped mentioning how much under the table money they needed to land players. An unquestionably dirty program)

vs

UNC (University of No Classes).

On 10/13/2022 at 12:27 AM, JSHoosier said:

Wait, people don't actually believe the NCAA is suddenly going to be interested in enforcing rules with NIL do they?  Every half brained cartoon nincompoop knew what was happening and instead of doing anything to stop it the NCAA just made it more open.

I'd say to be accurate, it wasn't really the NCAA making it more fair as state laws in different states forced it to happen.  California started the ball rolling with their legislation. 

On 10/13/2022 at 1:00 AM, DChoosier said:

So those are NIL rules that the NCAA will enforce?  LOL LOL LOL LOL

The same NCAA that recently brought us a basketball national championship game featuring:

Kansas (a program in which coaches were taped mentioning how much under the table money they needed to land players. An unquestionably dirty program)

vs

UNC (University of No Classes).

Can’t really blame NCAA for the Carolina mess.