Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PF Arrinten Page to USC

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Well, I suppose it’s nice of him to confirm that the only 4 schools that have been connected to him are, in fact, the 4 he’s interested in. 

Wasn't Mizzou in with him as well? He made a grand cut of 1. 

22 minutes ago, Demo said:

Taking a senior official to Cincinnati 9/24 after having already taken a junior official there over the summer. 

Hmmmm… that seems to be telling.

I think that’s the same weekend Queen is in Bloomington.

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hmmmm… that seems to be telling.

I think that’s the same weekend Queen is in Bloomington.

If that’s where Page ends up it would be a perfectly reasonable choice. Good basketball school with a great fanbase and imo the best young HC in the country. The geography makes more sense for him than USC. Should Collier end up there as well, couldn’t really argue with it.

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

It sounds like we're 4th out of 4 on his list. Time to hope Queen reclassifies or keep pushing the 2024s. 

Just like we always get hopeful when multiple visits happen, this looks like good news for the Bearcats. If we nab Queen, all is good. Maybe a portal big if not? 

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

This is almost unbelievable. Is this staff banking on TJD coming back again?  At this point, maybe that would be the better recruiting strategy.  

1. Not sure what is unbelievable. We are not likely to get a four star, out of state recruit? It happens.
  2. Guessing it was facetious, but no, I do not believe that the staff in any way is expecting TJD to be back after this year.
  3. Who we get is very, very important, but as many have agreed (including you) recruiting is not judged on "who we don't get," it's judged on "who we get." And that story has not been revealed yet for 2023.

When I read Page's Inside the Hall interview after his IU visit, the last thing that came to mind was excitement.  I just don't think he clicked with the program.  Sometimes that's just the way it goes.  

9 minutes ago, triple said:

When I read Page's Inside the Hall interview after his IU visit, the last thing that came to mind was excitement.  I just don't think he clicked with the program.  Sometimes that's just the way it goes.  

I agree. The interviews sounded as if his dad would have committed that day but his son didn’t seem as excited.

10 minutes ago, triple said:

Or the other school offered more money!

10 minutes ago, triple said:

Yeah he seems like a quit kid, but maybe he wasn't feeling the university the way his family did. We were his 1st offer I believe, and we recruited him hard. Nothing more we could have done.