Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - PF Arrinten Page to USC

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

https://www.on3.com/news/recruiting-update-five-star-isaiah-collier-michigan-usc-ucla-cincinnati/

Article about Colliers recruitment and maybe he and Page wants to play together in class college.  Problem is Collier does not have IU on his list but USC and UC are both on their list.

That is not good!   Looks like we will have to fill the front court void with a transfer from the transfer portal.  

Jeez. We will find someone for the spot if Page goes elsewhere. We are in good hands and the staff will do what needs to be done. The more talent we have the harder it is to attract kids who might have to sit behind older guys. This is a good problem. It means we are about to be really good.

1 hour ago, cthomas said:

Jeez. We will find someone for the spot if Page goes elsewhere. We are in good hands and the staff will do what needs to be done. The more talent we have the harder it is to attract kids who might have to sit behind older guys. This is a good problem. It means we are about to be really good.

Although I agree some guys don’t go where there is too much talent, because they are afraid they might not start right away, great programs stack guys after guys after guys. We have to do the same to get the program where we want it. 

Sept. 9, is the first day coaches can recruit off campus and reports are Woody will meet with Page on Friday.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-staff-set-to-go-visit-2023-big-man-arrinten-page/?fbclid=IwAR153dV4UARJRg8gOuMjT6O3kpAERiAosfFnpr8DyKc9jxx20luhH9HESuM

26 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Sept. 9, is the first day coaches can recruit off campus and reports are Woody will meet with Page on Friday.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-staff-set-to-go-visit-2023-big-man-arrinten-page/?fbclid=IwAR153dV4UARJRg8gOuMjT6O3kpAERiAosfFnpr8DyKc9jxx20luhH9HESuM

C

Always Be Closing Glengarry GIF - Always Be Closing Glengarry Glen Ross GIFs

Of course, there's always a chance that Woody comes back with his lunch money stolen and dressed like this:

Maryland Flag GIF - Maryland Flag Dance GIFs

ps: This is likely my new absolute favorite gif, and it may take mod on mod discipline to prevent me from overusing it every time someone mentions Willard as the new king of AllEverythingAlways.

40 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Unless Miami made a fairly overwhelming financial pitch, which they’ve certainly shown  they’ll do, I really feel like it’s IU and USC. USC has been considered Collier’s front runner for some time. So, if the pkg deal is really in play that seems more likely than Cincinnati. But, comparing his dad’s comments about his Bloomington visit with those I could find after the others, there really is no comparison. I think Woody gets it done. We’ll see.

My guess is that Miami's boosters are saving serious NIL $$ for truly proven college basketball stars (Pack was first team All-Big 12) and far more frequently, football players. Page is a 50-100 ranked basketball recruit, not a proven player and not a five star.

Not saying they won't get him, but Indiana basketball's NIL potential is probably at least as good as Miami's. All we have to do is have TJD text him about the outside income he's pulling in this year.

Unless Miami made a fairly overwhelming financial pitch, which they’ve certainly shown  they’ll do, I really feel like it’s IU and USC. USC has been considered Collier’s front runner for some time. So, if the pkg deal is really in play that seems more likely than Cincinnati. But, comparing his dad’s comments about his Bloomington visit with those I could find after the others, there really is no comparison. I think Woody gets it done. We’ll see.

Simple. Let’s get Collier, too. Shrugs….

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Of course, there's always a chance that Woody comes back with his lunch money stolen and dressed like this:
maryland-flag.gif&key=a1520d8943293949e3f45c93ff28b0dd789aa5415fc19300980245bc5436df0f

ps: This is likely my new absolute favorite gif, and it may take mod on mod discipline to prevent me from overusing it every time someone mentions Willard as the new king of AllEverythingAlways.

Lol. Now I don’t know if I want Willard to stop stealing Woodson’s lunch money. Lolzzzzz

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/LongFormArticle/College-basketball-recruiting-question-and-answer-Bronny-James-Ohio-State-visit-Arrinten-Page-Zayden-High-and-more-192897309/#192897309_1

Eric Bossi’s current thoughts on Page’s recruitment. If you don’t feel like reading 4 paragraphs, let me distill them for you: “Yeah, I don’t know.”

Clearly geography isn't a defining issue for him! I like Page and hope he chooses IU, but he's not a transformative player. As good, or better will be available in the portal. Main reason I'd like to see him pop for IU is to get a recruiting win after a long dry spell.