Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Henryville Hoosier

Next assistant coach

1 hour ago, Golfman25 said:

The likelihood of Woodson coaching for 10 years is slim.  One of the knocks on him was his age.  It's something other recruiters will definately bring up.  Having a head coach "in waiting" was seen as a way to alleviate that concern.  It's all in the visual, that's all.  And when the publilc ran with it, nobody came out and said "slow down" as far as I can tell.  They let it go.  

Boheim is 78

Coach K 75

Laragnaga 73.

Two of them just played in the elite 8

Would we have lost Walsh had we not promoted him? Could we have possibly gotten another recruiter, perhaps an AAU or basketball factory high school coach and also kept Walsh?

no way to know but my gut says we could have, I doubt other teams were seeking Walsh out

Would we have lost Walsh had we not promoted him? Could we have possibly gotten another recruiter, perhaps an AAU or basketball factory high school coach and also kept Walsh?
no way to know but my gut says we could have, I doubt other teams were seeking Walsh out

Wasn’t Walsh the guy that sold a bunch of his IU gear on Facebook marketplace after Archie got booted?

Think I remember someone on here buying a polo from him.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Rhode Island would of probably got him 

38 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Boheim is 78

Coach K 75

Laragnaga 73.

Two of them just played in the elite 8

They didn’t play.  :). 
But they are all college lifers. We all know coach K has his succession plan in place.  The others have long term assistants who probably are in the same situation.  

14 hours ago, Evariste Galois said:

Even if we could have kept Walsh in his current position, if he has earned the assistant coach position it is time to promote.

It is always a good idea to reward employees that are getting it done. .

I understand what you are saying but with recruiting it’s a bit different. If he has more Cupps In his bag this recruiting cycle great, but if there is someone else that could have come in and landed 3 of our targets because they had the right connections currently, that is the better option.

as everyone said in the fife thread, assistants come and go, recruiting is the most important thing they can do and we don’t have any time to waste in getting better talent here.

6 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

if there is someone else that could have come in and landed 3 of our targets because they had the right connections currently, that is the better option.

That's quite a big "if."  If only we had been able to hire Brad Stevens...You need to put a name on that better option. What coach out there who can land 3 top targets is ready and willing to come to Indiana University to be an assistant? 

7 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

I understand what you are saying but with recruiting it’s a bit different. If he has more Cupps In his bag this recruiting cycle great, but if there is someone else that could have come in and landed 3 of our targets because they had the right connections currently, that is the better option.

as everyone said in the fife thread, assistants come and go, recruiting is the most important thing they can do and we don’t have any time to waste in getting better talent here.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but I think we need to develop a culture where players come here and get better. Assistants can play a big role there, but it takes time. Relationships are pretty important for us right now. We need current players to get better in the off-season.
Winning solves a lot of this. If Woody had Carolina’s talent coming in, his offense would have looked much better. It’s no secret we need shooters, either developed from inside or recruiting (preferably both). If Geronimo can develop more of a consistent outside shot, he is huge for us next year.