Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Henryville Hoosier

Next assistant coach

7 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I'm not even joking when I say I'd take Tom Crean or Dan Dakich at this point. I guarantee we'd at least have some dudes who could shoot with Crean around. 

It’s going to be someone who can really recruit and do offseason workouts.

This is just tough.  Hate letting go of someone that really wanted to be here and loved this place.  Some relationships just don’t work.

The real question is does CMW hire another real assistant or does he hire someone like Hill or one of his consultants it’s been said he listens to that has no experience coaching at this level?  Does a high level assistant want to come here knowing CMW values outside voices more than his own bench that have cut their teeth coaching in college?

19 minutes ago, IU - Kaulie said:

This is just tough.  Hate letting go of someone that really wanted to be here and loved this place.  Some relationships just don’t work.

The real question is does CMW hire another real assistant or does he hire someone like Hill or one of his consultants it’s been said he listens to that has no experience coaching at this level?  Does a high level assistant want to come here knowing CMW values outside voices more than his own bench that have cut their teeth coaching in college?

I think he wants someone young, who can recruit the Midwest and coach off-season workouts.

none of those 60 year olds want to recruit.

2 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

For those that have no idea who this guy is, he is the shooting coach for the New Orleans Pelicans. Highly doubt it's even possible but he greatly improved many guys shot including Anthony Davis and Lonzo Ball

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Fixed Lonzo Ball’s jump shot?

Oh ****!  HIM!! 

1 hour ago, IU - Kaulie said:

This is where i am popular or not. Fife apparently did something(s) wrong, but Woodson has what to me is a kind of troubling stubborn i know better than you streak. Put down the ego a bit and hire experience on your college bench — and i’m one who believes Woodson is on the right path for IU, but that’s an area he’d be better off recognizing 

2 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

This is where i am popular or not. Fife apparently did something(s) wrong, but Woodson has what to me is a kind of troubling stubborn i know better than you streak. Put down the ego a bit and hire experience on your college bench — and i’m one who believes Woodson is on the right path for IU, but that’s an area he’d be better off recognizing 

I agree.  I generally like Woodson so far and if the relationship wasn’t working or whatever that’s fine.  He is the boss.  The part I question is if it’s a good idea for him to listen to Hill and other outside consultants with zero college coaching experience more so than his assistants on his own bench including Matta.

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Some guy named Tom Crean

Part of me wants to laugh, but the other part of me wishes we had the kind of offensive production his teams had. He was a subpar coach overall but damned if I don’t miss watching us absolutely starch UNC and drop a 37 piece on Purdue at Mackey…

32 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Drew Adams is a name that’s being tossed around and Rabby is hinting at.

And there you have your Midwest recruiting + player development + IU ties.

Yes indeed. As long as the personality fits a positive culture it’s a winner. Drew is a Bloomington guy…oh Chris007, what say you?