Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

8 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

you can blame the haters that put him on blast and make this job less appealing

This isn't a coach who is still employed that we are on here screaming from the rooftops to fire b/c we aren't happy with his coaching after one year. But, let's play this out. If this statement is true, we need to be even louder. I'll start...

Any prospective Asst. coach interested in this job. If you plan on openly trashing NIL (or even simply just not embracing it), swinging and missing in recruiting including not returning calls, offering kids you're told not to, continually undermining the head coach, spewing your political beliefs (however you lean) to players, suggesting you're the coach in waiting, however subtle or not, don't care whether you're an alum or not, THIS JOB IS NOT APPEALING. DON'T COME HERE. PLEASE EXPLORE OTHER OPPORTUNITIES BECAUSE WE SPECIFICALLY DO NOT WANT YOU AT INDIANA UNIVERSITY. 

Did you see the tweet.  Do you know what it said and the context?   The only fact is he tweeted something.  We don’t know what was said or the context.  You’re taking the “story” hook, line and sinker as fact.  Tell me, what are Fife’s thoughts on NIL. 

Last thought and then I’m done with you.

Does the fact that IU told him to delete the tweet not mean anything to you?

If this was so benign like you claim it is l, it would be up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another small tea leaf during the year and Old Fart might have it written down somewhere but when Woody was at an event or or IU was watching a recruit with multiple coaches he was always with either Ya or Hunter.  Fife was by himself at a lot of these things    I’m sure there were times when they were at the same event but just seemed like he was solo on most of these events     Didn’t think anything of it at the time but add another piece of the puzzle and the picture becomes more clear

6 minutes ago, iubb said:

And again.. I'm under the impression, what was in the tweet wasnt THAT bad... it was more like... it was a COMPLETE contradiction what IU wants to do moving forward, and something they had JUST met over. 

Please tell me if I'm completely wrong

34 minutes ago, HoosierTrav said:

A close friend of mine worked very closely around Fife at IPFW and I’m not sure he left anyone around the place with anything positive to say about him. He’s egotistical and often rude to the people around him. Hearing these rumors about him don’t surprise me in the least. It’s who he is. I appreciate Dane as a IU former player but his only attribute as a coach, was that he warmed lil Tom Izzo’s seat at MSU. If Indiana is ever going to get anywhere near where they were, it can’t be with guys like Dakich and Fife around the program. These types are cancerous. Nothing grows around them other than cancer. 

So this goes back 10+ years and we somehow missed it in the hiring process?

Just now, HoosierAloha said:

So this goes back 10+ years and we somehow missed it in the hiring process?

Yeah, it was a mistake to hire him. I understand why they did though. I just wish Dane would have done his part. 

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Yeah, it was a mistake to hire him. I understand why they did though. I just wish Dane would have done his part. 

Absolutely, it makes it much easier when everyone does their part. Hopefully, we do our due diligence for the next hire. If Fife was as half as bad as reported by some on here than a rock would be more beneficial to the program.

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Absolutely, it makes it much easier when everyone does their part. Hopefully, we do our due diligence for the next hire. If Fife was as half as bad as reported by some on here than a rock would be more beneficial to the program.

But its also not that big of a deal. Like even though it "blew up"... its still just DD and Rabjohns talking about it. Idk. Everyone is moving on. 

Fife needed to step up. What an opportunity he blew. 

Yes, I think smug is apropos for his attitude, but I also think some degree of slander too from our side.  But sometimes I like cocky and confident personalities more than others.  

bottom line- it wasn’t a match, and it would be best for all parties to move forward amicably and with class. Which is why Rabjohns deleted his tweet.  The crux of the situation is that the university feels they need to justify this situation so we don’t look like a sinking ship and it’s understandable but hard to do that without some degree slander.  

No one likes the soap opera more than Indiana fans....including me!! I appreciate this board with everyone bringing in everything they may know about every situation. I am very unconnected to the program and appreciate the entertainment that is provided from both true and false stories/information!

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

28 minutes ago, iubb said:

It means they didn't like it.  BFD.  But not knowing what it says, the context, or Dane's actual feelings about the NIL it's all just speculation and imho writer's embellishment.  You believe what you want.  Fact remains we are only hearing the side of the story the administration wants us to hear.  As far as I can tell, there has been no corroboration of anything.  

It means they didn't like it.  BFD.  But not knowing what it says, the context, or Dane's actual feelings about the NIL it's all just speculation and imho writer's embellishment.  You believe what you want.  Fact remains we are only hearing the side of the story the administration wants us to hear.  As far as I can tell, there has been no corroboration of anything.  

I’m starting to think you are fife burner account

Just now, iubb said:

I’m starting to think you are fife burner account

Nope.   I could care less about the dude.  But I do care about the program.  Firing a coach after one year is a bad look, no matter what.  Then releasing over the top, hard to believe stories, is worse.  

Nope.   I could care less about the dude.  But I do care about the program.  Firing a coach after one year is a bad look, no matter what.  Then releasing over the top, hard to believe stories, is worse.  
I get what you are saying but as soon as another assistant is hired it will all be in the past and people will move on from it. Especially if it's someone that will bring instant recruiting clout. I've honestly never seen an assistant leaving a program bring such a polarizing reaction from a fan base. But like I said in my last post, I love the soap opera that continues to unfold...fun stuff!

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using BtownBanners mobile app

12 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

What’s over the top? None of the stories I’ve read here seem implausible, even if they are quite unflattering. 

15 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

If that's all there was to it, sure. But that doesn't seem to be the case at all. So what's a worse look? Firing him with plenty of cause after one year or letting him stay and continue to be a cancer in the program? Far worse to let him stick around. You can actually make a good argument that it's a good look for the program to move on. 

18 minutes ago, mbredenk101 said:

I get what you are saying but as soon as another assistant is hired it will all be in the past and people will move on from it. Especially if it's someone that will bring instant recruiting clout... 

Exactly, the fighting over CAM's dismissal is long past.