Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

The stories that have come out kind of make him seem like one though… They’re honestly so ridiculous sounding that they’re hard to believe, but I don’t have a reason not to believe them. 

Maybe he was a problem, maybe he wasn’t. Are we to believe that Dolson, Woody, others aren’t also a problem?

I have read from so many here that are crapping on fife that he has been this way for a long time, that MSU was about to fire him etc. Then when it’s pointed out that those comments are directly throwing Dolson and IU under the bus for not doing their homework, that culls their fire

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

Maybe he was a problem, maybe he wasn’t. Are we to believe that Dolson, Woody, others aren’t also a problem?

I have read from so many here that are crapping on fife that he has been this way for a long time, that MSU was about to fire him etc. Then when it’s pointed out that those comments are directly throwing Dolson and IU under the bus for not doing their homework, that culls their fire

Except that's not true.  Read how many posts blamed Dolson for basically hiring as an assistant instead of Woodson picking his own.  Read the trove of comments assigning blame to Woodson throughout the year.  If you think that people are just blind Woodson and Dolson backers, I don't know what to say.

1 minute ago, brumdog45 said:

Except that's not true.  Read how many posts blamed Dolson for basically hiring as an assistant instead of Woodson picking his own.  Read the trove of comments assigning blame to Woodson throughout the year.  If you think that people are just blind Woodson and Dolson backers, I don't know what to say.

That's revisionist history, maybe.  Indy Star, April 5th, 2021 -- Mike Woodson Hires former Hosiers star Dane Fife as assitant.  Everything is either a lie or true.  Who the hell knows.  

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

Are you saying you apply blame on Woody and Dolson here? That would be helpful to know because it’s been a Fife hate fest here 

35 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

So under your narrative, Fife was familiar with it at Michigan State, knew it was coming and it was a reality.  How do you think it would have fared there for him if he was tweeting that he was against it and acting basically telling recruits they were greedy and should just accept a scholarship?

NIL wasn't an issue.  It was a reality.  But it's on administration because someone refused to accept reality even AFTER they were told to knock it off?

No it's on the administration for hiring someone who allegedly is against the NIL. 

Now what is the truth?  The tweets where deleted and nowhere can one find Dane's thoughts on the NIL in public.  We have gone from a guy who deleted some ill advised tweets to telling a player he's greedy for looking at NIL money infront of his boss.  It's just way over the top.  It's insane.  

1 minute ago, Golfman25 said:

No it's on the administration for hiring someone who allegedly is against the NIL. 

Now what is the truth?  The tweets where deleted and nowhere can one find Dane's thoughts on the NIL in public.  We have gone from a guy who deleted some ill advised tweets to telling a player he's greedy for looking at NIL money infront of his boss.  It's just way over the top.  It's insane.  

It is and the only way that story gets out is from Woody or the other assistants. It’s like a tail from Goonies

7 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Are you saying you apply blame on Woody and Dolson here? That would be helpful to know because it’s been a Fife hate fest here 

I am sure there is blame to go all around.  Nobody is perfect and they all make mistakes.  But the real issue is how it was handled.  The crap on Fife fest is a bad look.  What assistant would touch this job with that crap going on?  

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

I am sure there is blame to go all around.  Nobody is perfect and they all make mistakes.  But the real issue is how it was handled.  The crap on Fife fest is a bad look.  What assistant would touch this job with that crap going on?  

If you can believe all the rumors 

you can  blame Dolson and Woody for hiring a known problem

you can blame fife for being a problem

you can blame the haters that put him on blast and make this job less appealing

4 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

The bold is true, but.. its over, he's fired. Coaches move jobs. 

The underlined is hilarious. 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

The bold is true, but.. its over, he's fired. Coaches move jobs. 

The underlined is hilarious. 

It’s not over because you say so. You don’t get paid to make good decisions, make bad ones get to shrug it off and say forget about it. If that were the case, Fife would still be here.:)

and yes, crapping all over an alum is not a good look and that travels 

It really doesn't matter whose fault this whole situation is.  If Woodson and Fife didn't get along, then obviously Fife has to go.  Optics aren't good and it's unfortunate, but Woody has to do what he thinks gives the team the best chance to succeed.  Maybe it's a red flag, or maybe this is just an opportunity to get the whole staff on the same page. 

At the end of the day, Woodson's success isn't riding on one assistant coach.

22 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

And if you believe the rumors, he should have been fired.  So not sure what the big deal is.  The bigger mistake would be retaining a known problem.

6 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

And if you believe the rumors, he should have been fired.  So not sure what the big deal is.  The bigger mistake would be retaining a known problem.

Or hiring him. Again, rumors here suggest he was this way for years…. Yet Dolson and woody hired him.

just say it… I think you are close to saying it was also on Woody and Dolson 

you can do it!!!

"allegedly"? He tweeted it.  

You can't even acknowledge fact.

This thread may as well be locked.

Some people here won’t change their mind no matter what info is given to them.

you would have better luck teaching a dog to drive a car. Or ride a skateboard

giphy.gif&key=6f68b6792ecb4bf561a8d716920b48ab3576e555ad37cdad74263ee7433be2dd

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Or hiring him. Again, rumors here suggest he was this way for years…. Yet Dolson and woody hired him.

you can do it!!!

You are so close to admitting that Fife was insubordinate and should have been **** canned and being an alum doesn't mean you are above criticism.  Go ahead -- you can say it!

It's just so strange to me that you think people 'protect the program' while you think being an alum gives you a pass.  If it were one of the other assistants being fired, would you be so upset?  If not, why not?

6 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

you can do it!!!

And, for the record, please link where I mentioned ANYTHING about his history prior to being at IU.  The only thing I have said was that he wasn't in line to take over for Izzo -- that was Dwayne Stephens.  Michigan State people would have told you the exact same thing.

2 minutes ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

Woodson has the right to fire whoever he wants. He is the head coach. I just don’t understand all the hate that Fife is getting now that he’s fired. 

Explanations don't equal hate.  No one on here is wishing him ill.  What's strange is that when the reasons are provided, that someone means you're a 'hater'.

14 minutes ago, iubb said:

This thread may as well be locked.

Some people here won’t change their mind no matter what info is given to them.

you would have better luck teaching a dog to drive a car. Or ride a skateboard

giphy.gif&key=6f68b6792ecb4bf561a8d716920b48ab3576e555ad37cdad74263ee7433be2dd

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the thread gets locked where do we post more dogs riding skateboards?

dog-cute.gif

200.gif

It's really really really really dumb on all sides but it's kind of expected. Curious to see the new hire will be.