Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

7 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

There were some players that simply stayed out passed curfew and then there were others that stayed out AND got caught smoking weed.

I'm more interested in knowing the story prior to this incident. This couldn't have been a one off type incident.

3 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

My personal favorite  DD moment on radio was trashing Crean before he got fired.   Crean gets fired and it’s a total 180 and he starts defending Crean and it was the players fault.   These are the type of kids that get coaches fired.   Archie takes over with the same kids and then trashes Archie for not winning with talented enough players.   In a 3 month span the same players went from ones that get you fired to ones that are talented enough to win and no excuse for a coach to lose with those players.    It was quite impressive to listen to.     

Yeah, that was an interesting time for him for sure. But for the "most" part. I feel he's honest and just calls it how he see's it when it comes  to IU. 

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

My personal favorite  DD moment on radio was trashing Crean before he got fired.   Crean gets fired and it’s a total 180 and he starts defending Crean and it was the players fault.   These are the type of kids that get coaches fired.   Archie takes over with the same kids and then trashes Archie for not winning with talented enough players.   In a 3 month span the same players went from ones that get you fired to ones that are talented enough to win and no excuse for a coach to lose with those players.    It was quite impressive to listen to.     

So he's a message board on a radio show?

19 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

It was ever more impressive to ignore. :)

1 minute ago, Uspshoosier said:

Nah he is too busy being the positivity police. Can’t let that positivity slide.   Got to put those callers in their place 

Negative fans call in and he pumps them over the phone instead of in person? He's definitely an asset to the program if he is positive.

35 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Yes he says that he had not talked to Dane yet. Personally, I like DD because he tells the truth no matter how hard it is to hear and like you say rubs people the wrong way because sometimes he takes it too far .And about that NW game. There were some players that simply stayed out passed curfew and then there were others that stayed out AND got caught smoking weed. 

But after hearing what DD has said about the NW game and now with Dane. Personally, It's hard for me to buy what Woody is selling. Now, I'll still be pulling like hell for IU. I'll watch what recruits we get and I'll watch every damn game. I'm just extremely concerned moving forward. And like I said earlier, I could be wrong and I hope like hell that I am

Agreed.  While DD is an obnoxious butt head, he’s not wrong here.  It just feels like a smear campaign against Fife.  Either that or this group of people have zero clue how to do due diligence and hire.  Either way, it’s a bad look.  

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Negative fans call in and he pumps them over the phone instead of in person? He's definitely an asset to the program if he is positive.

Back when I listened to him it was definitely a wild ride.   Someone would bash IU and he would destroy them and then the next caller would take the opposite point of view and he would kill that person for defending IU.    Does the same thing with Colts fans, Purdue and pacer fans as well.   His hate for everything basically turned me off.   So much hate for no reason 

3 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

I don't know, seems like quite a few people want to question why Fife was fired and want answers, but when they are given them then it's 'a smear campaign'.

Because the reasons cited are so over the top that if they are true one has to question his hire anyway.  Think about it.  You’re hiring a guy in the new NIL environment and you’re not aware of his opinions on NIL money.  That would be hiring malpractice in my book.  

6 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Back when I listened to him it was definitely a wild ride.   Someone would bash IU and he would destroy them and then the next caller would take the opposite point of view and he would kill that person for defending IU.    Does the same thing with Colts fans, Purdue and pacer fans as well.   His hate for everything basically turned me off.   So much hate for no reason 

So he's tweeter and a message board on a radio show?