Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

1 hour ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

I don’t know who’s running this account but they’re obviously under informed. It also just makes the school look bad IMO. These transfers have absolutely nothing to do with Fife leaving. 

EFA872FA-5D55-4EC4-A074-416BDCFBC8E3.jpeg

This is essentially a meme account run by IU students. It literally doesn’t matter at all. 

3 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I think a big problem along with the tweets was sitting in Malibu Grill with the coaches and telling the Flipkoski family that he didn't believe in NIL money and their son getting a scholarship was good enough. He eliminated IU soon after that. 

Coach K isn’t a fan of NIL either….

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yeah the kid signed with Duke

I know, point is he was against it until the writing was on the wall and then changed his tune to be pro NIL. I guess he was smart enough to say whatever he had to at the right time but a lot of coaches were against it and if they are for it now, it’s kind of funny

7 minutes ago, Trish said:

Been so busy that my busy is busy, it’s that time of year ;)

Any new info leak on why Fife isnt our head coach currently? (AC I know, Im still not happy about this)

Because he doesn't get to appoint himself.  Don't think he ever figured that out.

On 3/23/2022 at 5:26 PM, Trish said:

Fife wanted the Indiana job last spring. Dolson hired him which was a great idea, credit to him.

Woodson didn't use Fife or perhaps any of his assistants for that matter? Fife is a respected B1G coach and D1 coach. 

I'm assuming Woodson didn't like Fife not being a yes man. He wasn't Woodson's guy which I do understand in the business it's all about having your "friends" on staff. I'm worried about Woodson's old school ways going forward but we'll see. He needs to flip this roster completely this summer. 

I have been a CMW supporter since he was hired; however, this is not the first time it has been mentioned that CMW wants yes men and only listens to a select few.  His stubbornness has been well documented on this board and now this entire thing is painting a bad image of him.  I think think there is two sides to every story, but where there is smoke, there maybe fire.  It was made public that Woodson wasn’t happy that Dolson hired Thad Matta and truth be told, he wasn’t happy that he hired Fife either and it could have been possible that CMW got rid of him the first chance he got and all the other crap we are hearing isn’t true but just smoke cover!

10 hours ago, Chris007 said:

Yes, Dolson made it clear to Dane that he was working for Woodson. The next head coach would be decided when that time came. But instead, he went around Assembly Hall, around the state, around to anyone who would listen that the coach was going to get fired and he was going to be the head coach. He was rooting or hoping for this scenario. Actually telling AAU coaches that Woodson didn't know what he was doing. Are you Ok with that at your job?

9 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

This is tough for me tbh. Again, I think there are two sides to all of this and can use one very specific example. 
there was a charity golf outing where someone was paired up with Fife. They did not know each other but were obviously both IU fans and that became the basis of the conversation for the day.

Dane suggested that Woodson had no idea what he was doing and that he and the rest of the staff had to educate him on EVERYTHING, how things work, when, why, what they could and couldn’t do wtc. That is two things, could be looked at as insubordination and throwing your coach and school under the bus or really scary and thank goodness he and others were there to guide. The positive to what he said was that He had been around a lot of coaches and none were able to close a recruit and his family like Woody. So it’s not like it was all bad, he told it like it was, the good and the bad.

if he rubbed Woody the wrong way, it’s easy to stockpile an Arsenal of negatives about Fife or really anyone when you have a year to do that. 

If any of that stuff is slightly true, then they did Fife a favor by letting him finish out the season. And whomever hired him needs to take stock in their own evaluation of their performance.  

I’m not one for yes-men. Let the cuss words and conflict flow behind closed doors. But when you leave the locker room (in this case) everyone needs to be on the same page. I have zero tolerance for that type of public blame shifting and back biting.  

Not knowing anything about the situation, I hope those reports aren’t true, for Fife’s sake. Not a good look. 

IDK what to think of all this. Before I start, Woodson absolutely has the right to fire and hire whomever he likes. I get it... I listen to Dakich quite a bit, I enjoy his show. I realize that will not be a real popular opinion around here. The guy ABSOLUTELY loves IU. He spent nearly 20 years here but I understand that some of you do not see it that way but I believe you would if you listened to his show. I'm in agreement with some of the things he said on this topic today on his show and I will say that personally, this move concerns me. 

He said something along the lines of Kenya and Dane disagreed on some things or didn't see eye to eye and Kenya acting the way that he does instead of being a man about it. IDK, I could be wrong but I do know that I will continue to be cautious of Woody. I guess, we will have to wait and see how this all plays out. 

52 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

I know, point is he was against it until the writing was on the wall and then changed his tune to be pro NIL. I guess he was smart enough to say whatever he had to at the right time but a lot of coaches were against it and if they are for it now, it’s kind of funny

That’s kind of the exact point I was trying to make in an earlier post. I’m sure a ton of coaches were and are still against it. It’s not kind of funny that the smart ones changes their tune. It was exactly that…smart. If you hate it, figure out a way to live with it, embrace it, lie about it, shut up about it, whatever. Just don’t be the disconnected behind the times guy openly trashing it and make your program also look disconnected and behind the times like Fife did. 

12 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

IDK what to think of all this. Before I start, Woodson absolutely has the right to fire and hire whomever he likes. I get it... I listen to Dakich quite a bit, I enjoy his show. I realize that will not be a real popular opinion around here. The guy ABSOLUTELY loves IU. He spent nearly 20 years here but I understand that some of you do not see it that way but I believe you would if you listened to his show. I'm in agreement with some of the things he said on this topic today on his show and I will say that personally, this move concerns me. 

He said something along the lines of Kenya and Dane disagreed on some things or didn't see eye to eye and Kenya acting the way that he does instead of being a man about it. IDK, I could be wrong but I do know that I will continue to be cautious of Woody. I guess, we will have to wait and see how this all plays out. 

Dakich hears things about IU from other former players and people that are still around the program. Contrary to popular fan belief DD still talks to several people still very much in the know at IU. He says things people don’t like and so they think he’s full of crap. Sometimes he goes to far but with IU stuff he typically knows what he’s talking about. When it comes to game to game stuff that’s all his opinion and that’s up for debate because everyone has an opinion.

5 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Dakich hears things about IU from other former players and people that are still around the program. Contrary to popular fan belief DD still talks to several people still very much in the know at IU. He says things people don’t like and so they think he’s full of crap. Sometimes he goes to far but with IU stuff he typically knows what he’s talking about. When it comes to game to game stuff that’s all his opinion and that’s up for debate because everyone has an opinion.

I believe he’s said on the show that he talks to Dane on a regular basis. I know he also still sees JD Campbell & Larry Rink. But IMO most former players don’t care for him. 
i think Dane told him some things around the NW game because since then he’s called Ya a cheerleader and bad mouthed Kenya for being an Archie guy.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I believe he’s said on the show that he talks to Dane on a regular basis. I know he also still sees JD Campbell & Larry Rink. But IMO most former players don’t care for him. 
i think Dane told him some things around the NW game because since then he’s called Ya a cheerleader and bad mouthed Kenya for being an Archie guy.

He’s said he hasn’t talked to Dane and didn’t talk to him at the time of the NW game. There are plenty of former players that do like him and there are some that don’t. He started calling Ya a cheerleader early in the season when the team put that video on Twitter.

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

He’s said he hasn’t talked to Dane and didn’t talk to him at the time of the NW game. There are plenty of former players that do like him and there are some that don’t

Yes he says that he had not talked to Dane yet. Personally, I like DD because he tells the truth no matter how hard it is to hear and like you say rubs people the wrong way because sometimes he takes it too far .And about that NW game. There were some players that simply stayed out passed curfew and then there were others that stayed out AND got caught smoking weed. 

But after hearing what DD has said about the NW game and now with Dane. Personally, It's hard for me to buy what Woody is selling. Now, I'll still be pulling like hell for IU. I'll watch what recruits we get and I'll watch every damn game. I'm just extremely concerned moving forward. And like I said earlier, I could be wrong and I hope like hell that I am

8 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

When hasn’t DD not bash the assistant coaches?   Back when I actually listened to him he trashed schilling, Ostram on a regular basis.  Par the course for him to trash the assistants. 

Just now, Uspshoosier said:

When hasn’t DD not bash the assistant coaches?   Back when I actually listened to him he trashed schilling, Ostram on a regular basis.  Par the course for him to trash the assistants. 

I mean honestly. Was DD wrong about those guys?