Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

3 hours ago, brumdog45 said:

It's amazing to me that certain people can be in favor of players being given 'bags of cash' yet want to support an assistant coach who was openly telling players that legal money through NIL wasn't something they didn't deserve.  Seriously, if you think he was the next coach what kind of recruits did you think he would get in with that mantra? 

Ya know the openly bashing NIL stuff alone is actually a fireable offense in my opinion. You don't have to like it, but to not have enough awareness to just shut up about it is just insane on his part. A complete lack of perspective and quite frankly out of touch. Recruiting is hard enough with so many other programs trying to pull in the top talent. With NIL, your choices these days are to figure out a way to embrace it or if you don't, just shut up about it. 

I liken it to, say, tech companies these days. The best talent is in incredibly high demand. Any progressive thinking company is going to unlimited PTO, fully paid parental leave, etc. If you're not embracing those policies, you're behind. If you're openly bashing those policies, well, I won't say what I want to say, but good luck to ya. 

7 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Ya know the openly bashing NIL stuff alone is actually a fireable offense in my opinion. You don't have to like it, but to not have enough awareness to just shut up about it is just insane on his part. A complete lack of perspective and quite frankly out of touch. Recruiting is hard enough with so many other programs trying to pull in the top talent. With NIL, your choices these days are to figure out a way to embrace it or if you don't, just shut up about it. 

I liken it to, say, tech companies these days. The best talent is in incredibly high demand. Any progressive thinking company is going to unlimited PTO, fully paid parental leave, etc. If you're not embracing those policies, you're behind. If you're openly bashing those policies, well, I won't say what I want to say, but good luck to ya. 

Did anyone actually see the tweets Fife sent out regarding the NIL?  I don't remember it even being an issue here?  

Just now, btownqb said:

Yeah because our Ath dept made him delete them. 

I know that. But how bad where they?  And did he really choose that hill to die on?  

I am all for the players getting some money for their NIL, but every solution does create additional problems.  It's not perfect.  

Just now, Golfman25 said:

I know that. But how bad where they?  And did he really choose that hill to die on?  

I am all for the players getting some money for their NIL, but every solution does create additional problems.  It's not perfect.  

It was the timing of the posts, not just the contents of them... I believe. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think a big problem along with the tweets was sitting in Malibu Grill with the coaches and telling the Flipkoski family that he didn't believe in NIL money and their son getting a scholarship was good enough. He eliminated IU soon after that. 

This is some egregious stuff. Fife may be the biggest assistant coaching problem since the 1 who told Kyrie to go to Duke. 

21 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think a big problem along with the tweets was sitting in Malibu Grill with the coaches and telling the Flipkoski family that he didn't believe in NIL money and their son getting a scholarship was good enough. He eliminated IU soon after that. 

Small stuff at the time that added up.  Rabby reported that in real time as it happened.  I’m guessing if you go back in Flipkosiki thread it is probably mentioned in it there is a rumor from peegs board. 

27 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

That’s worse than Crean blowing up Kyrie’s parents’ toilet. 

Edit: Allegedly of course. But come on, it was Tom freakin’ Crean. 

41 minutes ago, BtownStrength said:

This is some egregious stuff. Fife may be the biggest assistant coaching problem since the 1 who told Kyrie to go to Duke. 

That ran through my mind, along with Mike Davis regarding the failure to stay in good graces with HS coaches.

Just now, HooHooHoo22 said:

I don’t know who’s running this account but they’re obviously under informed. It also just makes the school look bad IMO. These transfers have absolutely nothing to do with Fife leaving. 

EFA872FA-5D55-4EC4-A074-416BDCFBC8E3.jpeg

Some random college student probably 

Just now, HooHooHoo22 said:

I don’t know who’s running this account but they’re obviously under informed. It also just makes the school look bad IMO. These transfers have absolutely nothing to do with Fife leaving. 

Well, they DO have "stool" in their name (Hey Now! another Crean toilet tie-in).

24 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

To people that aren’t on message boards it did make the school look bad.

33 minutes ago, HooHooHoo22 said:

Honestly, probably a 20 yr old