Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Earlier in the season when all of a sudden it came out that Mike Woodson wasn't using his assistants and was listening to consultants instead. Where did that info come from? It came from disgruntled assistant or assistants. 

Most of the time when someone like Rabby gets info it comes from the staff. Ed Schilling was great about telling people he knew what exactly was going on. 

I don’t think it all of a sudden came out, it was very evident watching the sidelines, timeouts, interviews and post game pressers that he wasn’t. Maybe someone told Rabby that or maybe he just saw what the rest of us saw.

Look who he talks to on the sidelines, who he sits next to, says things like “my assistants were yelling at me to play so and so” “this is my team” Titus saying he isn’t utilizing Matta etc

its out there because mostly Woody has put that out about himself. If Rabby is selling that as behind a paywall than I have an island to sell his subscribers

2 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Woaaahhhh let’s pull the reins a little bit. I can’t afford to lose my BTB salary. 

Hey look, I get it and I'm right there with you. These "BTB High level contributor" monthly checks you guys have been cutting me has been a nice little side hustle. But if we're going to just let it be and move right on, the internet has to go, and BTB has to go with it. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

It's crazy how people are allowed to change their mind when new information comes in. Actually that's what rational, intelligent people do.

People aren't just deciding that he was insubordinate, he was insubordinate. I'm honestly not sure how anyone could read about the stuff he was saying and not immediately say damn, he should have been fired during the season.

Do rational, intelligent people believe everything they read on the internet?  

22 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

He was a solid recruiter at MSU, right? What changed over that one year?

Solid early on but go on their premium board and they were nit surprised.   Most were saying if he wouldn’t of gone to IU when he did that izzo would of moved away from him in his own staff changes 

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

I don’t think it all of a sudden came out, it was very evident watching the sidelines, timeouts, interviews and post game pressers that he wasn’t. Maybe someone told Rabby that or maybe he just saw what the rest of us saw.

Look who he talks to on the sidelines, who he sits next to, says things like “my assistants were yelling at me to play so and so” “this is my team” Titus saying he isn’t utilizing Matta etc

its out there because mostly Woody has put that out about himself. If Rabby is selling that as behind a paywall than I have an island to sell his subscribers

In his defense he may view Matta as just being an admin and not someone that he needs to consult about day to day things. That said it’d be stupid not to some especially when you aren’t used to the college game but Woody is the one in charge.

1 minute ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

But these aren't sides to a story. What is being said are facts. They were things that happened. They were things that were documented by IU. When you get reprimanded it's not just one side of the story. 

8 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

There are political undertones to just about everything. If you have an opinion on anything, buy certain products, associate with people, groups, live in certain places etc etc there are always political implications. For instance, NIL itself, whether you are for or against it has political implications.

there are plenty of things the league, schools, teams, coaches and players say and do that are political, why pinpoint him?

I'm sorry but this post is absolute nonsense. It's not hard to tell when people are being overtly political, like talking about political candidates, or political parties, or hot-button political issues.

Your argument is akin to saying you can't single someone out for sexual harassment because there are sexual undertones to everything we do.

1 minute ago, HoosierX said:

I'm sorry but this post is absolute nonsense. It's not hard to tell when people are being overtly political, like talking about political candidates, or political parties, or hot-button political issues.

Your argument is akin to saying you can't single someone out for sexual harassment because there are sexual undertones to everything we do.

Correct. It's also a problem when you make your political stance to players over and over and they repeatedly ask you to stop doing it, but you continue to do it anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

But these aren't sides to a story. What is being said are facts. They were things that happened. They were things that were documented by IU. When you get reprimanded it's not just one side of the story. 

This stuff just isn’t coming out of no where either.    It’s been present the whole time and discussed by many on here.   As single events they were looked at by some including me as small bumps in the road but put together with other bumps became a Indy pot hole.   People can believe or not believe what ever they want or say people or just piling on now after he got fired but reality is people were writing little things and were questioning things all year 

13 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

It's crazy how people are allowed to change their mind when new information comes in. Actually that's what rational, intelligent people do.

People aren't just deciding that he was insubordinate, he was insubordinate. I'm honestly not sure how anyone could read about the stuff he was saying and not immediately say damn, he should have been fired during the season.

What are those things? I have read every post in this thread and it is like listening to a  “who’s on first” skit.

9 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

If everything that is being said is true, it really seems like he must have been miserable here. Why else would he repeatedly bite the hand that feeds him?

21 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

This stuff just isn’t coming out of no where either.    It’s been present the whole time and discussed by many on here.   As single events they were looked at by some including me as small bumps in the road but put together with other bumps became a Indy pot hole.   People can believe or not believe what ever they want or say people or just piling on now after he got fired but reality is people were writing little things and were questioning things all year 

100% Yes sometimes you hear these small things and don't think much about it. But then the end result comes and you're like that makes sense now.

6 minutes ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

An IU legend was unceremoniously fired after only year, and we can either take the word of an actual reporter with connections to the program or what? Come up with our own theories? Which is more likely to be true?

If I'm being honest, it seems like you're just stirring the pot.

1 minute ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

If everything that is being said is true, it really seems like he must have been miserable here. Why else would you repeatedly bite the hand that feeds you? 

He wasn't going to leave if this didn't happen. I really think in his mind he was the next head coach, so let's hurry up and get Mike Woodson out of here so I can take over. He openly talked to people that he was the coach in waiting which was never true. 

Yup—I hear employees I manage express political opinions in my office now and then. I advise them to cut it out, and that goes for their opinions that I agree with.

A poster expressed with great passion a strong political opinion on the board about four days  ago. A mod immediately deleted it, and I’m guessing it was an opinion that mod might very well have agreed with. Rules of the house, ya know?

1 minute ago, HoosierX said:

An IU legend was unceremoniously fired after only year, and we can either take the word of an actual reporter with connections to the program or what? Come up with our own theories? Which is more likely to be true?

You caught me. Kudos to you!

2 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Nothing has been reported.  Rumors have been spread on message boards with no quotes.  That is not journalism.  If you have something, have the courage to write a story.  I mean, why the hell wouldn't you if you had such a story.  People are such lemmings on message boards.

2 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

Nothing has been reported.  Rumors have been spread on message boards with no quotes.  That is not journalism.  If you have something, have the courage to write a story.  I mean, why the hell wouldn't you if you had such a story.  People are such lemmings on message boards.

I mean the irony of this post is so rich. People are complaining about character assassination but what he should be doing is printing a real story with quotes?!? Then it's really out there and will likely affect Dane's ability to get a new job.