Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

8 hours ago, iubb said:

Yah. What he posted behind the paywall. Can be petty much summarized as the following

Multiple acts of insubordination. Despite being asked Multiple times to cut the *****

Aka. He got fired. Like any of us would if we got written up for multiple acts of insubordination

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends where you work. Could get your a managers spot at some places. 

6 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

We all know what to expect from some on his way out. He will go from “in woody we trust” to bum overnight

I don't think the university or program has ever made a bad decision. Preseason - he's going to give us 50 points and 20 rebounds a game. During season - Woody knows what he is doing, he would never make the wrong decision. Postseason - dude's a bum, he needs to go. Good times!

10 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Many things wrong or just a different style or opinion?

MANY things wrong. If Fife would have been my employee, I would have made an example out of him and fired him midseason. Lucky for him Woodson is nicer than me, and if I was IU would try to fight to give him $375K for next season. 

I heard a few of these things but now that he is gone wow I'm surprised this stuff didn't leak sooner. We're all surprised but no one in the athletic office is. 

10 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Yeah that means nothing.  Was it the recruiting offer to the Purdue kid or something else.  What the blank did he do?  And if it was so bad, why not unload him during the season.  The whole thing smells 

Much much much more than that. I now know why he didn't get one single recruit while at IU. You have to actually try to recruit people and have relationships

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Much much much more than that. I now know why he didn't get one single recruit while at IU. You have to actually try to recruit people and have relationships

Can we have a conspiracy theory that Izzo paid him to sabotage Indiana recruiting?

9 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

He’s been here less than 1 year. He flat out couldn’t recruit? He’s been a solid recruiter for a decade, I doubt he forgot how. Just because he didn’t personally lead the recruitment for the few commits we got doesn’t mean much to me. 

There is a lot more to it than that. Yes he knows how to recruit, but he didn't care to here at IU or just didn't take it serious

9 hours ago, Golfman25 said:

Yeah.  Checked some things out.  I'll read between the lines.  Root cause gentlemen -- Woody was, shall I say, "not appreciative" of the speculation that Fife was the Head Coach in waiting.  Any Fife "incidents" are looked at thru that lens.  Having his ex-NBA fellas around probably didn't help matters -- he and they are truly learning the college game.  He's not learning from the college guys -- Mata, etc.  Afraid to say, we may have a bit of a rough road ahead until the NBA guys get it figured out.  I hope not.  

I didn't get any of that from reading Rabby or talking to people close to the situation. 

8 hours ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

No, but it is all slanted.  He is and always has been an IU PR arm.  That's why he deleted his tweet.  They told him to.  That's why he tried to say IU never contacted Holtmann when all the reputable journalists were saying otherwise.   He was covering for IU.

It's not slanted. Where do you think Rabby was getting a lot of his info? How do you think we know that Woodson was using Wittman instead of his assistants? We knew because one assistant had his feelings hurt and was telling everyone that would listen. 

8 hours ago, MikeRoberts said:

As one poster suggested, take Rabby with a grain of salt - he is not without bias, he knows who butters his bread and it isn’t Dane

I got a good chuckle out of this. 

7 hours ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

This thread reminds me a lot of our recruiting threads. Now that Fife is no longer a part of our program, he’s a bum. He couldn’t recruit, he was insubordinate, he said some other schools student section was better, he was political, etc…. Before he came here, he (for a lot of posters) was the next great thing. 

I feel sorry for his girls. They got uprooted from the only place they had called home to come here for a year. 

I don't believe they had actually gotten to town yet. Someone said they were just now buying a house. I thought Blair and the kids were still living in Michigan for now. 

3 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I got a good chuckle out of this. 

Why? At the end of the day, Rabby knows that he needs the university to be able to continue doing what he is doing. He also needs indiana fans to pay his bills.

Dane is no longer affiliated with IU so he can spout off, he wouldn’t do that to someone still on the staff. Selective journalism - won’t bite the hand that feeds

1 hour ago, Five Prime said:

Dane Fife left.  Why can't we just leave it at that?  

Totally. But first, we'll need to do a few things. We'll need to get rid of reporters. Actually, getting rid of social media entirely would be even better. Probably want to go ahead delete all message boards including this one. It would be best to eliminate the internet entirely and rewind maybe 30 years or so. And most importantly, we'll need the situation to be as simple as "Dane Fife left", which simply isn't the case. Sorry for the extra layers of sarcasm here. 

3 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

He was a solid recruiter at MSU, right? What changed over that one year?

He either thought he was too good to do it or he just didn't care. But when recruits & coaches are calling your boss saying that they haven't heard back from you for a while then we have a problem. This wasn't just a one-time thing or with one recruit. 

When you do talk to recruits & coaches it's not a good look to trash your boss and tells them that he's not going to be there long and you're taking his job soon. 

Look the stuff that came out would make one wonder what was wrong with Izzo. Maybe Fife did everything he is accused of.  Maybe he was way over the top and the worst employee ever.  Or matbe some of it was embellished for political purposes.    I find it hard to believe he was a complete bull in a China shop.  

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

He either thought he was too good to do it or he just didn't care. But when recruits & coaches are calling your boss saying that they haven't heard back from you for a while then we have a problem. This wasn't just a one-time thing or with one recruit. 

When you do talk to recruits & coaches it's not a good look to trash your boss and tells them that he's not going to be there long and you're taking his job soon. 

What if one asks about woodys age and succession plan?   That’s how they are negative recruiting against him, right?   

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

Why? At the end of the day, Rabby knows that he needs the university to be able to continue doing what he is doing. He also needs indiana fans to pay his bills.

Dane is no longer affiliated with IU so he can spout off, he wouldn’t do that to someone still on the staff. Selective journalism - won’t bite the hand that feeds

Earlier in the season when all of a sudden it came out that Mike Woodson wasn't using his assistants and was listening to consultants instead. Where did that info come from? It came from disgruntled assistant or assistants. 

Most of the time when someone like Rabby gets info it comes from the staff. Ed Schilling was great about telling people he knew what exactly was going on. 

2 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

What if one asks about woodys age and succession plan?   That’s how they are negative recruiting against him, right?   

Not the case when one person is telling everyone recruits, coaches, staff, that he's the next head coach when it's not even brought up.

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

He was a solid recruiter at MSU, right? What changed over that one year?

That was one of the other things. Telling the head coach you're going to land multiple recruits in the first year, and then can hardly get anyone to even visit campus.