Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

iubb

Dane Fife leaves IU staff

11 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

Everything is political. To pinpoint him is unfair. 

What does that even mean? There are places that I literally don't ever talk politics, including work and this board.

And if someone is reporting things that are actually true, which is his job that he gets paid for, then there is nothing unfair here.

I don’t think I’m gonna feel bad for the “OK, BUT GET THIS! guy. Everyone is trying to do nothing but think, live, and breathe basketball. Do you know how easy it is to just, like, shut up? Wild, man. Who cares what his stance is, this boils down to: Don’t. Be. That. Guy. 

Kinda crazy that Rabby is trashing him like this on the way out, (and let’s be real, he can post $$$ all he wants, he knew this was gonna get out) but now I know not to approach Ole Fifer at a bar!

Yeah.  then spill the beans.  Most is unverified nonsense.  The rest is verified nonsense -- tweets about the NIL, Offering some kid going to Purdue, something about the MSU student section.  

Try again. Where did you get your “info”

Those “”rumors” have been reported by reputable sources and backed up by people here. I would like to see where you did your “digging”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

Is anything really necessary in the end? It's better for the program that this comes out so half the fanbase doesn't think he got fired for expressing his coaching opinions.

It sounds like he wasn’t allowed to so yeah, that could have played a part too. 

14 minutes ago, iubb said:

Try again. Where did you get your “info”

Those “”rumors” have been reported by reputable sources and backed up by people here. I would like to see where you did your “digging”

Went to the same sources and did some critical thinking.  Try it.  

17 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

What does that even mean? There are places that I literally don't ever talk politics, including work and this board.

And if someone is reporting things that are actually true, which is his job that he gets paid for, then there is nothing unfair here.

There are political undertones to just about everything. If you have an opinion on anything, buy certain products, associate with people, groups, live in certain places etc etc there are always political implications. For instance, NIL itself, whether you are for or against it has political implications.

there are plenty of things the league, schools, teams, coaches and players say and do that are political, why pinpoint him?

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We’re embarrassing ourselves again.

We're pretty solid at this and then quickly trying to make it not look so bad to put more egg on our face. It's Indiana, it's Indiana.

I hope we learned the lesson to allow our head coaches to pick their staff. I doubt we have based on history. Which elite coach said they didn't want anything to do with our administration again?

3 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

As one poster suggested, take Rabby with a grain of salt - he is not without bias, he knows who butters his bread and it isn’t Dane

Whaaaat?! That would never happen at Indiana University men's basketball program. That's left for faraway mythical lands.

4 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

As one poster suggested, take Rabby with a grain of salt - he is not without bias, he knows who butters his bread and it isn’t Dane

I don't know if you are referring to the 'political things', but I don't think Rabby said anything about that.  To my knowledge, that's just things that are floating on twitter....and not really even to much degree.

IF he were told to cut certain things out and continued to not do so, that is an issue.  The things I have heard about have nothing to do with politics.

I don't know if you are referring to the 'political things', but I don't think Rabby said anything about that.  To my knowledge, that's just things that are floating on twitter....and not really even to much degree.

IF he were told to cut certain things out and continued to not do so, that is an issue.  The things I have heard about have nothing to do with politics.

Yes. Again what he reported boils down to multiple acts of insubordination. If your manager or boss tells you multiple times to cut that s*** out and you continue to do it. That’s insubordination that would (and should) get you fired at any job from a cashier to a CEO. (Yes CEO’s even report to someone)

7 minutes ago, brumdog45 said:

If they aren’t political then what are they? Only other thing mentioned here is him offering a kid after being told to wait until he is on campus. 
what are these awful things that he repeatedly did that is causing the trashing?

29 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

That being said, he isn't being forced to give details, or could keep it very basic nondescript "things didn't work out..." I don't recall him doing this often when it comes to firings/people quitting. So there is probably something to what he is reporting, not to say there isn't more to the story, there always is. 

Edited by OGIUAndy

3 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

That being said, isn't forced to give details, could keep it simple, or say very little. I don't recall him doing this often when it comes to firings/people quitting.

Exactly, it is bush league to trash a well liked former IU player on his way out.  Just say nothing.  But gotta flex those "insider" muscles, right?  Or perhaps rather help IU establish the case that the firing was for cause to give them legal outs on the contract.

2 minutes ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

This thread reminds me a lot of our recruiting threads. Now that Fife is no longer a part of our program, he’s a bum. He couldn’t recruit, he was insubordinate, he said some other schools student section was better, he was political, etc…. Before he came here, he (for a lot of posters) was the next great thing. 

I feel sorry for his girls. They got uprooted from the only place they had called home to come here for a year. 

This is spot on. We continue to do it and eat it up. I hope for Woody's sake that he becomes extremely successful and decides when he's ready to step down. If not that situation could get extremely ugly.

And many had thought and/or hoped he would/was the coach in waiting.

9 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

This is spot on. We continue to do it and eat it up. I hope for Woody's sake that he becomes extremely successful and decides when he's ready to step down. If not that situation could get extremely ugly.

And many had thought and/or hoped he would/was the coach in waiting.

We all know what to expect from some on his way out. He will go from “in woody we trust” to bum overnight

14 minutes ago, Geometry Hoosier said:

This thread reminds me a lot of our recruiting threads. Now that Fife is no longer a part of our program, he’s a bum. He couldn’t recruit, he was insubordinate, he said some other schools student section was better, he was political, etc…. Before he came here, he (for a lot of posters) was the next great thing. 

I feel sorry for his girls. They got uprooted from the only place they had called home to come here for a year. 

Isn’t that just sports fandom, in general? Don’t think it’s isolated to IU basketball.

20 minutes ago, hoosierdaddy_72 said:

Exactly, it is bush league to trash a well liked former IU player on his way out.  Just say nothing.  But gotta flex those "insider" muscles, right?  Or perhaps rather help IU establish the case that the firing was for cause to give them legal outs on the contract.

They are paying his contract, so that isn't an issue. Don't forget everyone was/is ok trashing players based rumors, and they're kids for the most part, so I don't see the difference. I am not a huge fan of either btw. I liked Fife and was upset to hear about this. But I am also upset when people speculate that players are smoking weed, not knowing the full side of the story. And if people are siding with DD on this stuff, he's the worst of them all. 

Edited by OGIUAndy